-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Create Criteria using Query, or use Projections with Query?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:08 pm 

I have 2 tables with corresponding classes in a legacy app.

public class SystemEvent {
Long electionId;
}
public class Election {
Long id;
String name;
Date endDate;
}

For some unknown reason there is no foreign key between these two tables. And instead of SystemEvent having an Election Object, it has an electionId.

We have a Statistics page that up until now used Criteria with the SystemEvent Object/table. The problem is now we need to show some statistics using a join on SystemEvent and Election. For example "show me statistics for SystemEvent where election name is xxx". Since there is no field linking these two Objects/tables together, I can't use Criteria, correct?

I thought of using Query instead of Criteria, it's not that big of a change. But we are also doing Projections with the data, and as far as I know you can only use Projections with Criteria, not with Query.

So my questions:

Is there any way to make my query using a Query object and then somehow convert it to a Criteria so I can use Projection? Or,
Is there any way to use Projections with Query objects?

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]