-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to define a filter on "one" end of many-to-one?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 am 

What is the best way to define a hibernate filter on class A to filter by some condition on class B where A-> B is many-to-one?

The only method I know is using a subselect (as below). But I don't like this method because it requires SQL. The idea of using SQL like this seems pretty flaky. How can I guarantee Hibernate won't break my SQL by messing with table aliases etc? Also, it gets messy if I have to traverse many relationships this way e.g. if I have A->B->C and I want to filter A on a property of C.

Is there a better way?

Code:
<class name="A>
    <many-to-one name="b" class="B"/>
    <filter name="bName" condition=":bName = (select name from b where a.b=b.id)"/>
</class>

<class name="B>
    <property name="name"/>
</class>

Thanks in advance,
David

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]