-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do you get to your database using DB2 z/OS?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm 

I am writing an application that can connect to SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 LUW, and DB2 z/OS. I have the first three working fine. The only thing I change is the hibernate.cfg.xml file and I am able to switch databases. However, DB2 z/OS doesn't work. I am able to connect to the DB2 Subsytem, but it appears I am trying to create the table in DB2's default database (DSNDB04). I get the following message:

DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-551, SQLSTATE=42501, SQLERRMC=USER1;CREATE TABLE;DSNDB04, DRIVER=3.57.82

The problem is that you specify the DB2 Subsystem name not the database name (like you do on the others) on the connection.url property. Below are the connection related properties I have specified in hibernate.cfg.xml:

Code:
<property name="connection.driver_class">com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver</property>
<property name="connection.url">jdbc:db2://my.company.com:1234/DB2SBSYS</property>       
<property name="connection.username">USER1</property>
<property name="connection.password">PW</property>
<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DB2390Dialect</property>

How do I specify the database name?

Post subject: Re: How do you get to your database using DB2 z/OS?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:14 am 

Hi dlpolitis

We are having the same problem in a project so I would like to know if you have found a solution to the problem?

regards
Korsbecker

Post subject: Re: How do you get to your database using DB2 z/OS?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:12 pm 

Sorry, I haven't. Currently, I am using the Hibernate to connect; but using JDBC to create and insert into my table.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]