-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Find parent for child entity
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 am 

Hi all,

how can i check if an entity has a parent entity which maps this entity over
Quote:
@OneToMany
annotation.
The mapping is unidirectional defined on the parent

Code:
@Entity
public class ParentEntity {

@OneToMany(cascade=CascadeType.ALL)
   private Collection<ChildEntity> childEntities;

Hibernate automagically creates a mapping table, or if used
Code:
@JoinColumn
a column with the parent-id in the child table.
When the child gets persisted, hibernate adds the corresponding parent id to the db-table.

I do not want to define a bidirectional relation since i do not need this "feature" in my application-logic and there are already loads of entities which would need a change. I just need the parent for replication issues. This means i have to export some data to another DB schema (has different table structure).

I use an interceptor to trigger the replication action in the
Code:
onSave(...)
method defined by the Interceptor interface. If a parent gets a new child, there is just the persist action of the child triggering. I do not know the parent it belongs to.

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]