-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Stored procedure with Spring's HibernateTemplate
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:09 pm 

here's a lot of examples over the net which describe how to call a stored procedure using Hibernate, however, when using Spring, the picture changes a bit.

I have a stored procedure in MySQL which I want to call: in SQL I need to write the following:
Code:
CALL inrange(32.342324,32.234234);
It returns a row with the following: {INT},{INT},{FLOAT}

With Spring, I use the HibernateTemplate way of executing hibernate operations, I know that some of you won't like it, but this is the how the project was when I started, and I'm not so eager changing it, maybe in the future...

Currently, I have the following code in Java, which tries to call the procedure:
Code:
List<Object[]> resultset = hibernateTemplate.findByNamedQuery(
        "inrange", person.getAddress().getLatitude(), person.getAddress().getLongitude());

When I run it, I get the following Hibernate exception:
Quote:
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException: Named query not known: inrange;

I figured that this is happening duo the fact that I didn't declare the stored procedure in hibernate. My question is: how do I declare it ? Is there a special way of declaring it in the Spring's application context file ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]