-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate/JPA2 TypedQuery error in Jboss7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 pm 

Hi all, I am getting the "Cannot create TypedQuery for query with more than one return" error that was fixed in release 3.6.8 (HHH-6591) when running my JPA2 (hibernate provider) application under jboss7 (7.0.2)

my application does not contain any hibernate jars in it's WEB-INF\lib directory, and solely depends on jboss,
I can do some queries, but not this one

Code:
@NamedQuery(name = "Carrier.findAllCarriers", query = "SELECT c, ir21.version, ir21.subVersion, ir21.updatedDatetime, ir21.userVdas.userId FROM Carrier c, Ir21Data ir21"),

em.createNamedQuery("Carrier.findAllCarriers", Carrier.class).getResultList();

I get the TypedQuery error :-(

I think jboss7 is using the latest hibernate because I see the following jar in it's modules dir

jboss_home\modules\org\jboss\as\jpa\hibernate\3\jboss-as-jpa-hibernate3-7.0.2.Final.jar
jboss_home\modules\org\jboss\as\jpa\hibernate\4\jboss-as-jpa-hibernate4-7.0.2.Final.jar

and

jboss_home\modules\org\hibernate\main\hibernate-core-4.0.0.CR2.jar
jboss_home\modules\org\hibernate\main\hibernate-commons-annotations-4.0.0.CR2.jar
jboss_home\modules\org\hibernate\main\hibernate-entitymanager-4.0.0.CR2.jar
jboss_home\modules\org\hibernate\main\hibernate-infinispan-4.0.0.CR2.jar

can someone help me and tell me how I can execute the namedquery?

thanks

Post subject: Re: Hibernate/JPA2 TypedQuery error in Jboss7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 am 

I am quite sure you already figured this one out, but let me write it down just in case somebody did not.
Don't use TypedQuery, use just a normal Query (that is, use createNamedQuery without second parameter). You have to type the result to the class you in fact will effectively get but this way no problem occurrs.

I noticed this bug was still not fixed in 3.6.7, 3.6.8 and I didn't try 4.0.0 but I read somewhere it has the same issue.
Probably a tough bug to fix :(

Post subject: Re: Hibernate/JPA2 TypedQuery error in Jboss7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:55 am 

yes, thx for reply, I have been using code like

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
public List<Ir21Data> findAllIr21Datas()
{
Query query = em.createNamedQuery("Ir21Data.findAll");
List<Ir21Data> ir21Datas = query.getResultList();

return ir21Datas;
}
in order to keep eclipse from showing me various warnings, even with a cast,
i add @SuppressWarnings whcih i'd rather not.

I just like the TypedQuery and hope I can use it in future

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]