-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pervasive SQL Dialect
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:01 pm 

I have two questions which are related...

I am somewhat new to Hibernate, having only been using it for about three months now, and have been learning everything by trial and error with no one
I "know" who I can ask a question to.

I work for Ashley furniture as a custom software developer, I am the only person on the team...

well the first question is, is there a hibernate dialect for pervasive SQL? I have been using the SQL server dialect and I haven't had any problems, as of yet, although all
I have to do is read from the database...

second, when I initialize the spring context. it throws an java.land.reflect.InvocationTargetException

more specifically
Code:
INFO JdbcSupportLoader:108 - Disabling contextual LOB creation as createClob() method threw error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
WARN SettingsFactory:140 - Could not obtain connection metadat
java.sql.Exception: Function not implemented
at com.pervasive.jdbc.v2.DatabaseMetaData.supportsGetGeneratedKeys(DatabaseMetaData.java:1490) ...

I found else where that this exception is telling me that the database doesn't support this feature, and that it isn't much to worry about...

What I am wondering is if I were to change the hibernate dialect for the connection to something other than the SQL server dialect, would this message change?

are the two things related... yes you read correctly I am using the microsoft SQL server dialect for the pervasive DB connection. everything has worked fine so far.

Has anyone used a different dialect with success? or would a different dialect be more appropriate. Is there plans in the future to create a PervasiveDialect for hibernate.
Extending the AbstractDialect class to work with pervasive is a little above my head at this point... but maybe something I could work on; would be a good learning experience...
has anyone actually started or attempted to create this dialect?

well thanks for listening, hope to hear some responses...
T.J.

Post subject: Re: Pervasive SQL Dialect
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

My guess is that it is an issue with the JDBC version of the driver you are using. The class name (com.pervasive.jdbc.v2...) seems to indicate that it is a JDBC version 2 driver. I think support for getGeneratedKeys() was not added until JDBC3. There is some information about disabling certain features that might help in the Hibernate documentation: http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3. ... properties

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]