-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Persisting new entities only if modified
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 am 
Senior
Senior

I have a scenario where objects are created, and should be persisted only if they are modified later on.
I could track which objects were created that way myself, but hey, Hibernate is keeping track of the dirty status for me, so I should be able to leverage that dirty checking to drive the decision which newly-created object belongs to the database and which can be silently dropped, right?
Besides, Session does not give me a way to check whether a given object is dirty. I'd have to go through unofficial interfaces and risk that my code breaks in future versions of Hibernate to do that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]