-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Foreign keys in composite primary keys issue
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:02 pm 

I have the following mappings like the ones found in page 364 of Java Persistence With Hibernate and page 336 of Hibernate in Action

<class name="Title" table="TITLE">
<composite-id name="titleId" class="TitleId">
<key-property name="title" column="TITLE_ID"/>
<key-many-to-one name="person" class="Person" column="PERSON_ID"/>
</composite-id>
</class>

<class name="Person" table="People">

<set name="titles" inverse="true" cascade="save-update">
<key column="PERSON_ID"/>
<one-to-many class="Title"/>
</set>
</class>

- I create the Title object when I create the Person object
- This is why I have used the key-many-to-one option in the composite key mapping of Title
- The other option in the books assume the Person object has already been persisted to the database, so the id is available when creating the TitleId object
- My use-case is to create these two objects with one operation (one save operation on Person)

is it possible to achieve a save on Person that cascades to Title without using key-many-to-one for a composite key?

Thanks,
Wale.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]