-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is ther need of transaction demarcation in hibernate
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 am 

hi Guys,
I am having 1 thing to dicuss.
if i am always going to create new session for every DAO call using sessionfactory.opensession then is there any need for setting transaction demarcation.

Transaction demarcation in here means like never, required, requirednew , etc...

Post subject: Re: Is ther need of transaction demarcation in hibernate
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:43 pm 

Hi!

This depends on your environment you're running. If there is no application server or framework doing the transaction handling, you have to do it yourself. So are you using Spring or ejb?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:26 am 

I ma planing to use EJB i meant to ask is ther eany transaction demarcation facility provided by hibernate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:59 am 

If you use ejb and jpa the application server can handle those things for you and does so by default.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]