-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Table having Primary Key and Identity Column
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 am 

I have a table which an identity column and a primary key.

CREATE TABLE &LIB/TABLE_STATE
(
ROWID NUMERIC(16)
UNIQUE GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (CACHE 20 CYCLE ORDER),
USERID CHAR(10) NOT NULL,
CODE_TYPE VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (USERID, CODE_TYPE),
);

Code:
@Entity
@Table(name = "TABLE_STATE")
public class TableState implements Serializable {
   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;

@Id
   @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
   @Column(name = "ROWID", nullable = false, length = 255)
   private Long rowId;

@EmbeddedId
   @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
   private TableStateKey tableStateKey;
}

Code:
@Embeddable
public class TableStateKey implements Serializable {
   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;

@Column(name = "USERID", nullable = false, length = 10)
   @Type(type = "trimString")
   private String userId;

@Column(name = "CODE_TYPE", nullable = false, length = 20)
   @Type(type = "trimString")
   private String codeType;
}

When i perform an object persist using entity manager, it throws the below error.

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: could not set a field value by reflection setter of TableState.rowId
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.convert(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:1235)
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.convert(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:1168)
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.convert(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:1174)
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.persist(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:674)
at Main.method(Main.java:70)
at Main.main(Main.java:17)
Caused by: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: could not set a field value by reflection setter of TableState.rowId
at org.hibernate.property.DirectPropertyAccessor$DirectSetter.set(DirectPropertyAccessor.java:151)
at org.hibernate.mapping.Component$ValueGenerationPlan.execute(Component.java:438)
at org.hibernate.id.CompositeNestedGeneratedValueGenerator.generate(CompositeNestedGeneratedValueGenerator.java:122)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:122)
at org.hibernate.ejb.event.EJB3PersistEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(EJB3PersistEventListener.java:69)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultPersistEventListener.entityIsTransient(DefaultPersistEventListener.java:179)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultPersistEventListener.onPersist(DefaultPersistEventListener.java:135)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultPersistEventListener.onPersist(DefaultPersistEventListener.java:61)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.firePersist(SessionImpl.java:800)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.persist(SessionImpl.java:774)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.persist(SessionImpl.java:778)
at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.persist(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:668)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set java.lang.Long field TableState.rowId to org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGeneratorHelper$2
at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:146)
at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:150)
at sun.reflect.UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.java:63)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Field.java:657)
at org.hibernate.property.DirectPropertyAccessor$DirectSetter.set(DirectPropertyAccessor.java:139)
... 13 more

Post subject: Re: Table having Primary Key and Identity Column
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:09 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Isn't rowId a reserved word?
Anyway, according to the error message there's a set-method missing.
So I guess you should either add that or configure hibernate to use field injection.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:25 am 

Hi Lino,
ROWID is not a reserved word in AS400. I am able to create the table.
The getters and setters are available in the entity and i have removed it for the sake of reducing some spaces.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:53 am 
Beginner
Beginner

rajkumarsrikanth wrote:
The getters and setters are available in the entity and i have removed it for the sake of reducing some spaces.

Sorry, I don't get this. You mean the setRowId(Long rowId) was there, but you removed it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:44 pm 

Lino Cibran wrote:
rajkumarsrikanth wrote:

Sorry, I don't get this. You mean the setRowId(Long rowId) was there, but you removed it?

Lino, Please assume that all the getters and setters are available for all the properties in the code. I have removed them in this post for the sake of simplicity.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Quote:
Can not set java.lang.Long field TableState.rowId to org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGeneratorHelper$2

I'm not sure here either, assuming you have the proper set-method. It's almost as if the error message is saying that the set method is taking the wrong argument. So your rowId is of type java.lang.Long, the set and get methods deal with java.lang.Long, but there's something else being put in there. Any chance that hibernate thinks it's something else, like a String?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 am 

I've had a similair problem, there is an issue within Hibernate that occurs when using an auto-generated PK part in a composite PK.

Check out these links:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... e/HHH-6044
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7344 ... rimary-key

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]