-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate No Data available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:49 pm 

Hello,

I have an application that uses some hibernate and JPA to get data(small majority) and then the rest is just using a JDBC connection to the database. The Testing Database is Postgresql 9.0, Production Database is Postgresql 8.4. What happens is the data that is retrieved from the database using hibernate and the entities created does not display when you are using the testing PG 9.0 database, but does with the PG 8.4 database.

I upgraded Hibernate to 3.6.2 today, and upgraded the PG jdbc driver to postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc3.jar today.

Upon getting all my libraries in place so I could start the application again I am still left in the same situation where I can see all data retrieved via the jdbc driver, but not with hibernate. The data that is saved via hibernate does save to the db though.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I should start on this problem. I am lost because I am not getting any errors indicating what is going wrong. If I use the netbeans debugger and set some breakpoints I get no errors, but just get 0 results returned.

Thank you.

Grant

Post subject: Re: Hibernate No Data available
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:28 pm 

Note: - edit for the following paragraphs - I updated the db driver for the test connection to the latest from PG 9.0-801 and was able to query the data from the netbeans execute query command and was able to see data on both databases....so I think this has nothing to do with it now.

I used Netbeans(6.9) to create a database connection to the PG 9.0 table and then started doing some queries using the execute command option.

If I query data that had been created on the PG 8.4 db it comes up, however if I query data I know was created in PG 9.0 It does not display. To double check myself I go to the psql console and check out the same data and it shows the new data there. I will continue to search but would appreciate any tips.

Thank you.

Grant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:39 am 

bump

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 pm 

Tail between legs here - I forgot to change the url for the database connection in my persistence unit. Changed that and all is working properly.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]