-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Table/view already exists
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I have a quite strange problem. I have a pretty large set of tables, linked together with bidirectional one-to-many/many-to-one associations.

The problem occurs when i try to run my application. I get an error message saying that one of my tables already exist. But, when i remove the mapping for this class, i get an error message that this class is not mapped. I really don't get this, as the table is mapped only one place. Could there be that a class could be mapped through an association or something like that?

- Tobb

Post subject: Re: Table/view already exists
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:04 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
saying that one of my tables already exist

Seems like your application is trying to create the table again.
So if there are unwanted DDL-statements (Data Definition Language) such as 'create table' statements
when you start the application, I guess that you forgot to remove the hbm2ddl.auto property in your persistence.xml file
Code:
<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create"></property>

Post subject: Re: Table/view already exists
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Fixed it, was a bug in the underlying database. I am using create-drop for developing, but one of the tables appearantly wasn't properly dropped. Just renamed the database to start fresh and it worked again..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]