-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: PersistentSet requirement on one to many bean member
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 pm 

When using one to many relationship the "bean/model object" requires org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet class. The problem is the class is not available at the client side. I do not want to include a hibernate library on the client side as it does not make sense. I tried using Dozer ( mapping the object, essentially ripping out the persistentSet ) and it works but it is a bit messy having two objects that are essentially the same. Is their a cleaner way to do this? The object is obviously detached from the database and all I want is to get info gotten from the DB at server side ( i do not need to persist the data, cascade=false). Can this dependency on persistenceSet be turned off somehow if persisting this member is not required? I am looking for a cleaner way to do this. I am using spring/hibernate.

Thanks for any insight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]