-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Annotation Configuration
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 pm 

Hello all,

I am using the AnnotationConfiguration object, for the first time, to startup hibernate. The following code does that:

sessionFactory = new AnnotationConfiguration()
.addPackage("com.entity")
.addAnnotatedClass(Address.class)
.addAnnotatedClass(Contact.class)
.configure()
.buildSessionFactory();

The Address and Contact entities are annotated and are in the com.entity package. The hibernate.cfg.xml file has the following entries:

<hibernate-configuration>
<session-factory>
<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/vj_test</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username">vj_test</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.password">vj_test</property>
<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">create</property>
</session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

When I start the server, I can see that the db connection is obtained, but the two tables (Address and Contact) are not created. I gave hibernate.hbm2dll.auto to "true" in the config file. I also see a WARN message in the logs like this:

16:42:29,809 WARN [AnnotationBinder:222] Package not found or wo package-info.java: com.entity

What am I doing wrong here? Please help...i'm stuck with this issue for the last 3 days :(.

thanks

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Annotation Configuration
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm 

Friends,

I figured out what the issue was: I was using org.hibernate.annotations.Entity for the @Entity annotation. I changed it to javax.persistence.Entity and it worked like a charm :)

thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]