-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Back to the, er past.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:58 pm 

Hi,

Apparently I have to move back to Hibernate 3.3.1, because that's what shipped with JBoss 5.1, and we have another product that hasn't upgraded to 6.0 (which is understandable since it just came out). I can't find 3.3.1 documentation on the main page, just 3.6 and 3.5 (not supported by the application server of the company that supports Hibernate, mind). Does anyone know where I can find the docs, or have any advice on running a 2008 version in the modern world?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Back to the, er past.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.3/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm 

Thanks! I wasn't able to find that link by navigating the main page, you're a lifesaver.

Wonder why JBoss owns Hibernate but doesn't provide a migration path to use any Hibernate version after 2008?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:19 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

mmm I usually don't speak on behalf of marketing, but really.. let's keep it short:
they do, each enterprise version of Hibernate is supported I believe for 7 years, with official documentation material, training, and all nice SLAs companies might need on their important and mission critical projects, but then you should look at jboss.com for the enterprise editions. If you use the community, you're totally welcome but to get bugfixes I'd recommend to keep up to date, participate in the community, follow developing list, post patches and/or report issues with tests. If you're using JBoss5.1 community - well JBoss6 has likely many more fixes as it came later ;) If you need something consolidated, you should use the supported EAP. I don't see good reasons to use an old community version - using community is perfectly fine, but what was just released was released with the same care as 5.1 was at his time. bugfixes on that - are in subsequent versions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]