-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Optimistic lock propagation on many-to-many
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 am 

Hello,

I have class Operator with basic data and set of bosses which are operators also.
So this is many-to-many relation because each operator can have one or more bosses and
also one or more employees.
I create additional table OperatorHierarchy with BossID and EmployeeID columns.
In mapping files i define sets like this:
<set name="bosses" inverse="true" lazy="true" table="operatorhierarchy" fetch="select">
<key>
<column name="EmployeeID" not-null="true" />
</key>
<many-to-many column="BossID" class="operator" />
</set>

Everything works ok except i cannot propagate optimistic locking on these sets.
E.g. if one application user delete boss from operator and other user in meantime
add boss to same operator in database i want to StaleObjectStateException be thrown.
However i cannot accomplish these.
I set optimistic-lock="all" dynamic-update="true" on both operator and operatorhierarchy mapping files.

Can someone help me about this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]