-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Tools Suite - ClassCastException
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I recently did a re-install of my machine, I have tried the copy of the Hibernate Tools Suite that was on my old machine, as well as a new copy. I have also deleted the old configuration folder, and started again. I am getting this error when I try to connect:

Code:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration cannot be cast to org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration
   at net.java.dev.hts.SessionFactoryDescriptor.createConfiguration(SessionFactoryDescriptor.java:439)
   at net.java.dev.hts.SessionFactoryDescriptor.openSession(SessionFactoryDescriptor.java:469)
   at net.java.dev.hts.SessionFactoryDescriptor.access$000(SessionFactoryDescriptor.java:54)
   at net.java.dev.hts.SessionFactoryDescriptor$1.run(SessionFactoryDescriptor.java:413)
   at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:493)
   at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:926)

Does any one have any suggestions for getting this working. I installed the OS twice, and each time I had the same problem.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Tools Suite - ClassCastException
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Pretty please?

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Tools Suite - ClassCastException
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:26 am 
Beginner
Beginner

OK, this was simple enough in the end. The distribution of the Hibernate Tools Suite included a copy of hibernate3.jar, and I had also added the one in my app to the classpath within HTS. I simply removed the entry I added, and everything was fine. This must have been a classloader issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]