-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate : JPA and Maven 2 Correct Setup (Confused)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 pm 

Hi;

I have read through Hibernate/JPA/Maven documentation and several online forums but it is absolutely unclear how to setup Maven 2 to work with JPA for Hibernate. I haven't been able to get it to work. I have tried setting numerous dependencies (Hibernate, JPA, javax.persistence, etc.) but any combination I try does not seem to work. Maven is extremely frustrating...

I have created a Maven quickstart project
I have created a simple unit test in src/test/java that tests getting an EntityManager
I have created a persistence.xml file in src/main/resources and/or src/test/resources and configured it for MySQL
I have created a pom.xml in the project root with dependencies (many failed attempts to guess which were required)

In Maven, I get a successful compilation, but the unit test fails saying that no persistence provider was found. I'm quite certain that Maven finds the persistence.xml file, as it moves it to the target/ folder.

When I setup a simple java app and run the unit test manually, it is successful. So I know my persistence.xml file is fine, I know my unit test class is fine, I correctly specify all the required libraries/jar files, the problem is with the Maven configuration.

I would greatly appreciate a simple explanation or a downloadable zip/jar showing the proper setting for Maven 2 to work with Hibernate and JPA. Which Hibernate dependencies do I need? Do I need a JPA or javax.persistence dependency? Do I need a transaction or other dependency? Do I need a MySQL dependency? Do I need some other dependency(ies) like javassist?

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]