-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to suppress org.hibernate.StaleStateException?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:38 pm 

We have an application that reads messages using JMS and commits them Sybase database. One of the table in the database has a trigger associated with it. The Trigger basically checks for some value based on a condition in inserted table and does something. below is the basic working of the trigger.

if (select count(*) from inserted where condition = condition1)>0
begin
do something
end

Now, when we are inserting/updating on this underlying table where the "condition1" happens to be something else that what the trigger is checking the returned rowcount is 0. While the hibernate that is inserting/updating into the database table is expecting rowcount to be 1 to complete its transaction. Hibernate encounters the following eror

"ERROR org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener - Could not synchronize database state with session
org.hibernate.StaleStateException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1"

and tries to rollback. but, the session doesn't have the transactional state to rollback. NOTE: the insert/update anyway happens.

When I try simulate this exception by processing the message from a file WITHOUT connecting to JMS, the exception doesn't seems to happen or at least I m seeing in the logs/console.

What I request to know from other experts are the following.

1. How to suppress the exception (as it anyway insert/updates the table)?
2. Is the JMS connection/session has something to do with hibernate session that I believe is hijacked by the trigger which causes the exception?

Disabling the trigger is not an option but, I m considering a different way to check within the trigger which would always return the number of record(s) inserted/updated would possible help this situation. I haven't yet tried out that but, I wanted to know some details on the above questions.

Any suggestions or pointer are welcome.

Rgds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]