-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Criteria query for subclasses in collection
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am 

I'm trying to build a Criteria query, but I'm having some difficulty.

In my system, a patient Case contains a Diagnostic, and each Diagnostic contains one or more MaladyDiagnostic. A MaladyDiagnostic can be any of several subclasses (let's call them MaladyDiagnosticA, MaladyDiagnosticB, and MaladyDiagnosticC, all of which extend MaladyDiagnostic).

The gist of my query is that I want to find all Cases that have a MaladyDiagnosticA in their Diagnostic's collection of MaladyDiagnostics.

Here's my (failed) attempt:

Code:
subQuery = DetachedCriteria.forClass(MaladyDiagnosticA.class);
subQuery.setProjection(Projections.id());

subQuery2 = DetachedCriteria.forClass(Diagnostic.class);
subQuery2.createAlias("maladyDiagnoses", "m");
subQuery2.add(Property.forName("m.id").in(subQuery));
subQuery2.setProjection(Projections.id());

c = session.createCriteria(Case.class);
c.createCriteria("diagnostic");
c.add(Property.forName("id").in(subQuery2));

In addition to probably being horribly inefficient, the above doesn't work. I always get zero rows returned, even though there are Cases in the test system that have a Diagnostic that contains a MaladyDiagnosisA. I'm quite new to Hibernate's Criteria API, and simply haven't been able to coax it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Criteria query for subclasses in collection
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:53 pm 

Projections.id() return a IdentifierProjection instance and I think you need a list of your identifier type. Why don't you try with subQuery.setProjection(Projections.property("<id_property>")); Then you need catch them into a list, not into a query. And you can have problems if the list is empty.

I hope you have lucky, and so sorry for my english level ;)

Post subject: Re: Criteria query for subclasses in collection
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:22 am 

Embarrassingly enough, it turns out my test data wasn't correct after all, so all my queries were returning 0 results. Fixing my test data solved my problems. Sorry for using up your time!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]