-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Indexed Collections when using a Where in the mapping
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:51 pm 

Hi, Looking for some insight.

I have a OneToMany mapping like this:

Code:
    <list name="addresses" cascade="all-delete-orphan" where"HIDDEN='Y"" >   
        <key column="PERSON_ID" not-null="true" />   
        <list-index column="SORTORDER" />   
        <one-to-many class="something.Address"/>
        etc

Everthing works well except when a "logical" delete occurs (the HIDDEN column is set to 'Y'). I filter the collection
at fetch time using the where clause. In this way, I am only working with addresses that are not "deleted". I dont want to physically delete for historic purposes.
The problem is really with spring MVC not being able to post back beacause of the SortOrder (index) not aligning, but I want to fix this problem upstream.

Example:

If a person has 5 addresses and one of them (the 3rd) was "deleted" using HIDDEN = 'Y' then Hiberante will return 4 addresses (perfect),
but the 4 records will have a gap in the actual collection

Code:

DB:

ADDRESS_ID PERSON_ID  SORTORDER HIDDEN
5           45            0       N
6           45            1       N
7           45            2       Y
8           45            3       N
9           45            4       N

The created Java List

ADDRESS   PERSON     SORTORDER  HIDDEN
5           45            0        N
6           45            1        N
8           45            3        N
9           45            4        N

3rd item is missing, and the sortOrder has a gap and Spring does not like that apparently.

Does anyone have any ideas how to manage this? Is there a way I can force a recalculate of the sortOrder when an item is set to HIDDEN=Y
so that HIDDEN=Y are at the bottom of the list therefore when the collection is fetched using the where clause the sortOrder is still intsact.
Hope this makes sense. I dont want to throw code at this if I dont have to.

Thanks

-J

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]