-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate Osgi issue
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 am 

hi ,

I am trying a hibernate connection with an OSGI bundle , I am deploying the bundle in eclipse using EQUINOX ..
While doing the same I am facing the error:

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:805)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:754)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandProvider._start(FrameworkCommandProvider.java:253)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandInterpreter.execute(FrameworkCommandInterpreter.java:155)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.docommand(FrameworkConsole.java:303)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.console(FrameworkConsole.java:288)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.run(FrameworkConsole.java:224)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dom4j/DocumentException
at com.zaloni.redcore.plugin.solr_monitor.AddressInsertion.connector(AddressInsertion.java:40)
at com.zaloni.redcore.plugin.solr_monitor.Activator.start(Activator.java:25)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.dom4j.DocumentException
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:489)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:405)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:393)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Post subject: Re: hibernate Osgi issue
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:39 am 
Expert
Expert

The third library dom4j<-version>.jar is missing in your classpath.
This jar is usually contained in the hibernate distribution under the directory lib/required

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 am 

I have already put the dom4 jar in the bundle class path even then the error persists .

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:59 am 

Hi all ,
I am trying to run hibernate in osgi container, but its not running . Please suggest me how i can run hibernate in osgi container.

Thanks in Advance

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:15 am 

I think it's safe to say that Hibernate is currently incompatible with OSGi. I see at least two reasons:

• Hibernate uses the thread context classloader, a concept that does not work* in OSGi environments. The Apache Felix mailing list contains many topics like "Library X doesn't work in OSGi" and almost every time it's that drat thread context classloader.
  • In a hypothetical Hibernate bundle, the DriverManager would use the bundle's class loader to load JDBC drivers, which means that the Hibernate bundle would have to "import-package" the driver packages. Ugly.

*Equinox and Spring-DM try to work around this issue

I think our best bet is to plead with the Hibernate developers for "osgification" of our favorite ORM library. ;-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]