-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Upgrade to 3.5.1 - NoSuchMethodError: orphanRemoval()Z
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:25 am 

I have a project that was using 3.3.2 till today when I decided to upgrade to 3.5.1 - the code compiles but I found myself in a pickle. When I run one of my test cases I ran into this(below)

I ran the test in Eclipse 3.5 and then thinking that this might be a classpath issue I deployed my app to Glassfish 2.1 running on JDK 1.6 07 , nothing changed, everytime the same error...

Is this a known bug ? Looks like either I miss a jar or an older JPA is in the path. I searched for *jpa* in my Glassfish install and found none so something else is going on. Any idea is welcome!

Code:
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.persistence.OneToMany.orphanRemoval()Z
        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.processElementAnnotations(AnnotationBinder.java:1830)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.processIdPropertiesIfNotAlready(AnnotationBinder.java:762)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindClass(AnnotationBinder.java:726)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.processArtifactsOfType(AnnotationConfiguration.java:636)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.secondPassCompile(AnnotationConfiguration.java:359)
        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration.java:1206)
        at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:675)
        at com.jReward.util.hibernate.SessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(SessionFactoryBean.java:39)
        at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:211)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1367)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1333)

Post subject: Re: Upgrade to 3.5.1 - NoSuchMethodError: orphanRemoval()Z
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:08 am 

I think I get it. So I am out of luck. It won't work for me since I don't use JBOSS AS 6 ;-)

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... e/HHH-4955

So my best bet at this time remains 3.3.2 GA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:15 pm 

I had a similar problem, but the reason was that I have included JPA1 jar together with JPA2 jar.

Actually, the JPA1 jar was part of Spring3 release, therefore I didn't notice at first that I have to remove it, but, hey, that's what made me look at your post and write down the solution here for everybody else who stumbles across this issue :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:54 pm 

Hi!

Try to remove ejb3-persistence.jar from your classpath. Worked for me :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:39 am 

Hi!

Try to remove ejb3-persistence.jar from your classpath. Worked for me :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]