-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Subclass not supporting <properties>?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am 

Hi
If you have experience with the <properties> element you might be able to help me with a different problem in my other thread: https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1003443

I am using Hibernate core 3.3.2.
Situation: I have a class with three subclasses mapped as single table inheritance. I am working on legacy data, so I can't change the schema.

In the superclass I use the properties element to have a target for property-ref for another class:
Code:
      <properties name="mandantFilialeOrganization" unique="true">
         <property name="mandant" type="integer" column="mandant"></property>
         <property name="filiale" type="integer" column="filiale"></property>
         <property name="organization" type="integer" column="organization"></property>
      </properties>

This is working more or less (for the less part see the link above).

Now I need a target for a property-ref from another class that doesn't know the filiale element. So i would need this:
Code:
      <properties name="mandantOrganization" unique="true">
         <property name="mandant" type="integer" column="mandant"></property>
         <property name="organization" type="integer" column="organization"></property>
      </properties>

Of course I can't do that since I would have multiple definitions of the same property.

All of the subclasses have the properties mentioned here, but when using property-ref I know which subclass to target.
So I tried moving the different <properties> definitions to the respective subclasses which would solve my problem.
Unfortunately subclass seems to support only <property> but not <properties>.
Is there another way to do this? And is there a reason why subclass won't support this element?

Thank you
Best regards
Tobias

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]