-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: What happened to Hibernate EntityManager?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:27 pm 
Pro
Pro

I'm sure this is a stupid newbie question, but, what happened to Hibernate EntityManager? Do I have to use Maven now to get it??? What happened to the download? Note, I want the one that supports JPA 2. Why don't they just include the EntityManager jars with the 3.5.0 distribution download? This is HIGHLY FRUSTRATING. A user shouldn't have to dig around the site and shouldn't have to use Maven. All I want is the jars. I don't want to build from the source or anything else. Eclipselink is like 2 jar files for the whole thing. I don't understand why this has to be so complicated.

Post subject: Re: What happened to Hibernate EntityManager?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

It has been merged with the core. Everything under 'org.hibernate.ejb ' is now part of the hibernate3.jar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:09 pm 
Pro
Pro

OK, but, where are the javax.persistence classes? Are you supposed to get that from somewhere else? I only see the implementation files, and not the interfaces.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Oh... it seems like it is not there any more. I had that JAR file since before so I never noticed that it was gone from the download. You can download the latest standalone entity manager and get the missing jar file from there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]