-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: SQL Error: 1064, SQLState: 42000 help me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:23 am 

Code:
Hibernate: select max(nile_admin_id) from nile_admin
Hibernate: insert into nile_dev.nile_admin (current_date, is_active, password, salt_string, username, nile_admin_id) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
12:28:54,083 WARN  [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter.logExceptions(JDBCExceptionReporter.java:77)] - SQL Error: 1064, SQLState: 42000
12:28:54,088 ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter.logExceptions(JDBCExceptionReporter.java:78)] - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'current_date, is_active, password, salt_string, username, nile_admin_id) values ' at line 1
12:28:54,101 ERROR [org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:301)] - Could not synchronize database state with session
org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update

what is the problem?

thanks in Advance......

Post subject: Re: SQL Error: 1064, SQLState: 42000 help me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:52 am 
Expert
Expert

current_date is a reserved word in MySQL. You need to quote the column name with backticks in your mapping. If you are using annotations:

Code:
@Column(name="`current_date`")

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:41 am 

Thankx for your kind reply,nordborg.
It's working now i can insert into the database.
As you said current_date is a keyword in Mysql, and when i single quoted the keyword(current_date) it didn't work.
I changed the column name to currentDate then it worked fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:59 am 
Expert
Expert

It is not a single quote (') you need to use a back-tick (`).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:04 am 

This problem happens when we use any kind of legal word as the name of the table or column. Here, the legal word means a word which is treated by hibernate in a different manner. For instance, if you user the word 'from' as the column name, the same error will occur because the word 'from' is used in the sql (select * from tablename). I advice you to change the column names and it will be better if you remove the underscore too.
Simply, we can say a reserved keyword cannot be used as the column name or table name......
Always happy to help you, visruthcvAtgmail.com +91-9895154767

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]