-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Working directly with member map
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:50 pm 

Ok, I have an object that (simplified to the parts I care about) looks like this:

Code:
@Entity
@Table(name = "MasterEnum")
public class MasterEnumRecord
{
   @Id
   @Column(name = "EnumId")
   @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
   private Integer id;

@CollectionOfElements(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
   @JoinTable(name = "MasterEnumFamIdMfgIds", joinColumns = @JoinColumn(name = "EnumId"))
   private Set<FamIdMfgIdEntry> famIdMfgIdEntries;
}

The class FamIdMfgIdEntry is as follows:
Code:
@Embeddable
public class FamIdMfgIdEntry
{
   @Column(name = "FamId")
   private Integer famId;

@Column(name = "MfgId")
   private Integer mfgId;
}

Each class of course has its necessary getters, setters, etc, but this gives you the idea of what the classes look like.

So what I need to do, ideally, would be to run a query more or less as follows: (these are pseudo queries, they don't work)

delete from FamIdMfgIdEntry f where f.famId = X.

Failing that, I need to be able to
select from MasterEnumRecord m where m.famIdMfgIdEntries contains a FamIdMfgIdEntry with famId = X.

Currently I'm iterating over all of my MasterEnumRecords and clearing the entries which contain X for FamId, but while that works, it's not elegant, and it takes way longer than this simple task should. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Post subject: Re: Working directly with member map
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

From your pseudo query "delete from FamIdMfgIdEntry f where f.famId = X", it seems like u are expecting FamIdMfgIdEntry to be an entity (mapped to it's own table). However it is a component instead (because of @Embeddadble and @CollectionOfElements.

Why don't you make FamIdMfgIdEntry an entity instead?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]