-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Converting a complex HQL-query to use the Criteria API
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 am 

Hi. I'm having huge problems converting a specific HQL-query to using the Criteria API. I'll first start with my datamodel.

Code:
class User {
   @Id
   @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
   private Long id;

@ManyToMany
   private Set<BusinessUnit> businessUnits;
}

class BusinessUnit {
   @ManyToOne
   private Organization organization;
}

class Organization {
}

My current HQL-query looks like this

Code:
SELECT child FROM BusinessUnit AS child
WHERE child IN (SELECT elements(u.businessUnits) FROM User AS u WHERE u.id=42)
AND organization=13

In other words, I have an id of a User entity. My query fetches all the BusinessUnits the User object has a reference to, BUT with the exception that the BusinessUnit's organization should be X. So, is it even possible to write this query with the Criteria API? Note that the Organization does not have any kind of reference to either User or BusinessUnit, and BusinessUnit does not have any reference to User. I only have a one-way relation from User to BusinessUnit. Unfortunately, changing the datamodel will not be an option.

All help is highly appreciated!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]