-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Found shared references to a collection error
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 pm 

I know why this is happening. I have identified the cause of the error. Problem is, I want it to happen.

Code:
          ITEM1
         /      \
        /        \
STATICDATA1  DYNAMICDATA1

ITEM2
         /      \
        /        \
STATICDATA1  DYNAMICDATA2

I find all ITEMS and for each ITEM, I retrieve their Static and Dynamic data. I know Dynamic will be unique across the board, but many Item might share the same Static

I have OneToMany relationships between ITEM and STATIC, and between ITEM and DYNAMIC.

What can I do to prevent the shared reference error?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Found shared references to a collection error
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 am 
Expert
Expert

Do your really have a OneToMany relation between ITEM and STATIC? It would imply that there is a ManyToOne relation from STATIC to ITEM (even if you have not declared it). In other words, a STATIC instance can belong to at most one ITEM instance. Can you post the mapping/code that is relevant?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]