-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Master data load
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:36 pm 

Hi everyone,

first of all: I'm sorry: cross-posting is evil... you can find this post in the seam forum as well. The reason why I've posted it twice is that this place is much more suitable for my topic. Let's start:

My application needs some static master data to do its work. Currently I think about an easy solution how to get this static data into the database. Of course I don't want to write a java class putting the hardcoded stuff into the database. Do you know a databse wrapper which imports a file (csv, xml, ...) and inserts the data into the database?

Native sql shouldn't be an option. I'd like to use the JPA/Hibernate entities.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Post subject: Re: Master data load
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
Native sql shouldn't be an option.

why not? That's the most common way to do this.
Hibernate supports the loading of an import.sql file at schema creation: https://www.hibernate.org/381.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]