-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Performance issues on Edit page
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:41 am 

I have 5 levels hierarchy tables with OneToMany relationship constraints for example: (Country, City, School, Class and Student)
I create a search page for the lowest level (student) in the hierarchy with full CRUD choice which works fine.
My problem is on the Update, Create (Edit Page) for each student

On the UI I create a Select Box that holds the l upper level in the hierarchy (Class) just in order to connect the student to the tree.
It seems that it goes all the way up the tree to the top level and retrieves all the hierarchy data and it takes much too long.
i use hibernate as JPA vendor and it looks like automatic action.

What do I miss? Is it configuration problem?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]