-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Search works?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:32 am 

I put in my persistence.xml:

Code:
<property name="hibernate.search.default.directory_provider"
                      value="org.hibernate.search.store.FSDirectoryProvider"/>           
<property name="hibernate.search.default.indexBase"
                      value="C:\temp\indexes"/>         

<property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-insert" value="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener"/>
<property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-update" value="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener"/>
<property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-delete" value="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener"/>

On class:
Code:
@Entity
@Indexed
public class License {

@Id
    @DocumentId
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
    @NotNull
    private Long id;

@NotNull
    @Length(min = 3, max = 30)
    @Field(index=TOKENIZED, store=YES)
    private String sufix;

}

I put the Hibernate-Search 3.0.0, Lucene-core 2.20 and Hibernate-common-annotation 3.0.0.
I'm using Jboss 4.2.2 then when the project deploys it show that is using Hibernate EntityManager 3.2.1, Hibernate Annotations 3.2.1 and Hibernate 3.2.4.sp1.

but On updates or inserts the follow error appear:

Code:
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.document.Document.add(Lorg/apache/lucene/d
ocument/Field;)V
at org.hibernate.search.engine.DocumentBuilder.getDocument(DocumentBuilder.java:234)
at org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener.onPostUpdate(FullTextIndexEventList
ener.java:165)
at org.hibernate.action.EntityUpdateAction.postUpdate(EntityUpdateAction.java:180)

If I remove the:

Code:
<property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-insert" value="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener"/>
<property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-update" value="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener"/>
<property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-delete" value="org.hibernate.search.event.FullTextIndexEventListener"/>

I insert and update records nothing happens!

After I try this:

Code:
FullTextEntityManager entityManager;

List<License> ls = licenses.getResultList();

for (License license : ls) {

entityManager.index(license);

}

the exception appears:

Code:
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Lucene event listener not initialized

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:50 am 

I've got the same problem. How is it possible to solve it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:01 pm 

I suppose that it could be the problem of version conflict, but what exactly I can't understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:01 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
you should keep the three lines in the XML, they are required for your hibernate version.
You should upgrade your Lucene jar, I guess to 2.3.0 (where did you get version 2.2?).

The XML code is no longer required if you use all latest hibernate jars, that means that you could download all latest (stable) versions and replace the ones in your project and in the jboss lib directory.

regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:53 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

There have been a few posts on the subject, you need to update the versiosn of hibernat-*.jar in JBoss AS.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]