-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hibernate Tools Reverse Engineering Usage
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:02 pm 

Hi, all. I have been trying to dig through the documentation and these forums, and although they have been somewhat helpful, I have not been able to find my answers, so I will ask the questions straight out...

Hibernate Tools Version 3.2.0 beta7
MySQL Version 5.0.20

1) Can you point me somewhere how to create new exporters and use new templates? This is if I still need these after the questions below...

2) I finally got the hbm.xml files to pick up some "native" generators from reveng.xml (thanks to some posts on this forum). But I would like ALL tables to have "native", not "assigned". How do I do this?

3) I would like three tables (at this point) to have cascade="" attributes on some fields. I can add it manually to the hbm.xml files, but every time we regenerate for database changes it gets overwritten. Can I do this somehow using reveng.xml?

4) The current generated POJOs are inflexible (if I regenerate it will overwrite changes). I would like to generate classes that extend from the generated pojos that can be updated and changed and not be overwritten (a la Hibernate Synchronizer). It looks like I will need some new templates and maybe a new Exporter. How do I set these up? Or has someone done this?

5) I would like to auto-generate some Spring-based DAOs, with a beans.xml file in the directory to hook them into spring. Again, how would I set up the templates/exporter? Or has someone done this?

6) Lastly, we are hoping to be able to publish database changes up the build chain by using the hbm.xml files as a guide. Can this be done cleanly?

reveng.xml:
Code:
<hibernate-reverse-engineering>
<table name="bill">
   <primary-key>
      <generator class="native" />
      <key-column name="bill_id"></key-column>
   </primary-key>
</table>
<table name="bill_item">
   <primary-key>
      <key-column name="bill_item_id"></key-column>
   </primary-key>
</table>
<table name="bill_line_item">
   <primary-key>
      <key-column name="bill_line_item_id"></key-column>
   </primary-key>
</table>
</hibernate-reverse-engineering>

hibernate.cfg.xml:
Code:
<hibernate-configuration>
    <session-factory>
        <property name="hibernate.default_schema">Dbname</property>
        <property name="hibernate.default_catalog">Dbname</property>
        <property name="hibernate.bytecode.use_reflection_optimizer">false</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username">user</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.password">pass</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://db.server.net:3306/Dbname</property>
        <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>
        <property name="hibernate.show_sql">true</property>
        <mapping resource="com/blah/model/gen/Bill.hbm.xml" />
        <mapping resource="com/blah/model/gen/BillItem.hbm.xml" />
        <mapping resource="com/blah/model/gen/BillLineItem.hbm.xml" />
    </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

Thank you all for your help.
Arnon[/code]

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Tools Reverse Engineering Usage
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:54 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

arnon wrote:
1) Can you point me somewhere how to create new exporters and use new templates? This is if I still need these after the questions below...

docs and the sourcecode for the existing exporters/templates.

Contribution for more docs/tutorials on this i very welcome ;)

Quote:
2) I finally got the hbm.xml files to pick up some "native" generators from reveng.xml (thanks to some posts on this forum). But I would like ALL tables to have "native", not "assigned". How do I do this?

public class MyRevEngStrategy extends DefaultReverseEngineeringStrategy {

getTableIdentifierStrategyName(TableIdentifer t) {
return "native";
}
}

Quote:
3) I would like three tables (at this point) to have cascade="" attributes on some fields. I can add it manually to the hbm.xml files, but every time we regenerate for database changes it gets overwritten. Can I do this somehow using reveng.xml?

no, not at this time. Might be added...

Quote:
4) The current generated POJOs are inflexible (if I regenerate it will overwrite changes). I would like to generate classes that extend from the generated pojos that can be updated and changed and not be overwritten (a la Hibernate Synchronizer). It looks like I will need some new templates and maybe a new Exporter. How do I set these up? Or has someone done this?

i plan on implementing this soon.

can be done today by adding <meta attribute="generated-class">PersonBase</meta> to the hbm.xml.

This is just not supported for reveng.xml yet.

Quote:
5) I would like to auto-generate some Spring-based DAOs, with a beans.xml file in the directory to hook them into spring. Again, how would I set up the templates/exporter? Or has someone done this?

example ( assuming you write the spring specific beans.xml template )

<hbmtemplate template="springcfgxml.ftl" templatepath="pathtoyourtemplate" filepattern="beans.xml"/>

<hbmdao/>

Quote:
6) Lastly, we are hoping to be able to publish database changes up the build chain by using the hbm.xml files as a guide. Can this be done cleanly?

Define cleanly ?

<hbm2ddl update="true" output="updatesql.txt"/> ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:55 pm 

max wrote:
arnon wrote:

docs and the sourcecode for the existing exporters/templates.
Contribution for more docs/tutorials on this i very welcome ;)

I would love to help..... but I don't understand it well enough. Hence the asking of so many questions after throwing my hands up in defeat... We'll see if I can when I'm through all this.

Quote:
Quote:

public class MyRevEngStrategy extends DefaultReverseEngineeringStrategy {

getTableIdentifierStrategyName(TableIdentifer t) {
return "native";
}
}

Awesome! So simple :D

Quote:
Quote:

Since I will now be extending ReverseEngineeringStrategy, is there a method that I can override where I can do some matching and insert the cascades there? For those three HBM files only?

Quote:
Quote:

can be done today by adding <meta attribute="generated-class">PersonBase</meta> to the hbm.xml.

So if I add this to the HBM template for all HBMs, then both the base class and the extended class will be generated automatically? Or will it only generate the base class, and I still need to generate the extended classes?

If I still need to generate the extended classes, how do I set it up so that it doesn't generate those classes if they exist? Is that ReverseEngineeringStrategy again? If so, can you guide me to the areas in the code to make those changes?

Quote:
Quote:

<hbmtemplate template="springcfgxml.ftl" templatepath="pathtoyourtemplate" filepattern="beans.xml"/>

<hbmdao/>

Great. I think I can do that. A few questions, though.
a) I'm still trying to figure out what is available in the context. I see that allEntity-list.ftl has a classList that it is running off of. Should I use that same list for springcfgxml.ftl?
b) In allEntity-list.ftl, what type of object is "class" and where is the API (so that I can get other values from it)?
c) What variable can I get the package these were generated in from?
d) Any chance I can run this from the UI? Everything else is running from there, and it would be a shame to go to Ant for this one thing.

Quote:
Quote:

Define cleanly ?

OK, I'll read up on those options and see how they work. By cleanly, I mean that everything is intact (tables, PKs, FKs, indices) in the new database. I wouldn't expect triggers, stored procs, and the like to move through this (unless you can tell me a way). It will save alot on manual creation and alter scripts for publishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:50 pm 

Hi, Max.

I have made progress today, thanks to your help. The questions from earlier today still stand, but I have a couple of additional problems.

7) By changing the templates, I was able to put the <meta attribute="generated-class">PersonBase</meta> in the hbm.xml files. But that didn't result in changing the class names. What did I do wrong? Do I have to do a second run using <configuration> rather than <jdbcconfiguration> to get the classes out properly? Would it be easier to change the class names using <hbmtemplate>?

Here is one of the generated hbm.xml files. So Item.hbm.xml results in the Item class being generated, not the ItemBase class.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN"
"http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd">
<!-- Generated Sep 1, 2006 1:26:34 PM by Hibernate Tools 3.2.0.beta7 -->
<hibernate-mapping>
    <meta attribute="generated-class">com.inkubator.model.gen.ItemBase</meta>
    <class name="com.inkubator.model.gen.Item" table="item">
        <comment></comment>
        <id name="itemId" type="java.lang.Integer">
            <meta attribute="use-in-tostring">true</meta>
            <meta attribute="use-in-equals">true</meta>
            <column name="item_id" />
        </id>
        <property name="itemUserSku" type="string">
            <column name="item_user_sku" length="16" not-null="true">
                <comment></comment>
            </column>
        </property>
        <!-- more properties -->
    </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

8) The validation on my build.xml file is refusing to allow anything but destdir, templatepath, and templateprefix attributes on any of the exporters. I've got the latest hibernate-tools.jar on the defined classpath. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project basedir="../../../../../" default="reveng.jdbc" name="Reverse Engineer">
    <property environment="env"/>
    <property name="debuglevel" value="source,lines,vars"/>
    <property name="target" value="1.5"/>
    <property name="source" value="1.5"/>

<property name="src.dir" location="src"/>
   <property name="doc.dir" location="doc"/>
   <property name="webinf.dir" location="WebContent/WEB-INF"/>

<property name="app.dir" location="${src.dir}/com/blah"/>
   <property name="dao.dir" location="${app.dir}/dao"/>
   <property name="model.dir" location="${app.dir}/model"/>
   <property name="template.dir" location="${app.dir}/util/reveng"/>

<path id="library.classpath">
        <pathelement location="build/classes"/>
       <fileset dir="${webinf.dir}/lib">
          <include name="*.jar"/>
      </fileset>
    </path>

<!-- =========================================== -->
   <!-- Reverse Engineer from database             -->
   <taskdef name="hibernatetool" classname="org.hibernate.tool.ant.HibernateToolTask"
      classpathref="library.classpath"/>
   <target name="reveng.jdbc" description="Reverse Engineer from database">
      <hibernatetool destdir="${model.dir}" templatepath="${template.dir}">
         <jdbcconfiguration configurationfile="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml"
            reversestrategy="com. blah.util.reveng.MyReverseEngineeringStrategy"
            packagename="com.inkubator.model.gen" />

<!-- Output the hbm.xml files -->
         <hbm2hbmxml destdir="${model.dir}/hbm" templateprefix="/hbm" />

<!-- Output the schema (for use in publishes) -->
         <hbm2ddl destdir="${schema.dir}" />

<!-- Output the Spring based DAOs -->
         <!-- TODO Switch with hbmtemplate for to switch to *DAO suffix -->
         <hbm2dao destdir="${dao.dir}" templateprefix="/dao" />

<!-- TODO Output the Spring beans.xml for the DAOs -->

<!-- Output the generated model POJOs -->
         <!-- TODO Switch with hbmtemplate for to switch to *Base suffix -->
         <hbm2java destdir="${model.dir}/gen" templateprefix="/pojo"/>
      </hibernatetool>
      <!-- Edit the HBM files for cascade=""? -->
      <!-- Use replace? -->
   </target>

<!-- Creates the extended model (this should only be done once or else it will overwrite changes)  -->
   <target name="extended.reveng.jdbc" depends="reveng.jdbc" description="Reverse Engineer from database">
         <configuration configurationfile="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml"
            reversestrategy="com. blah.util.reveng.MyReverseEngineeringStrategy"/>

<!-- Output the extended model POJOs -->
      </hibernatetool>
   </target>
</project>

Thanks alot,
Arnon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:14 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:

[/quote]

Since I will now be extending ReverseEngineeringStrategy, is there a method that I can override where I can do some matching and insert the cascades there? For those three HBM files only?
[/quote]

no, not at this time. Remember that reveng.xml is nothing else than a simplified "text" version of what can be done via RevEngStrategy..so to get it in reveng.xml the RevEngStrategy needs to get a method for it first.

Quote:

[/quote]

So if I add this to the HBM template for all HBMs, then both the base class and the extended class will be generated automatically? Or will it only generate the base class, and I still need to generate the extended classes?
[/quote]

it only generates the baseclass as the moment.

Quote:
If I still need to generate the extended classes, how do I set it up so that it doesn't generate those classes if they exist? Is that ReverseEngineeringStrategy again? If so, can you guide me to the areas in the code to make those changes?

there is no overwrite detection build in. only way at the moment is to generate to a seperate dir and copy-no-overwrite with e.g ant.

Quote:

<hbmdao/>
[/quote]

Quote:
Great. I think I can do that. A few questions, though.
a) I'm still trying to figure out what is available in the context. I see that allEntity-list.ftl has a classList that it is running off of. Should I use that same list for springcfgxml.ftl?

allentity-list.ftl is something that the DocExporter uses. Check there to see what he puts in.

but generally for a "configuration wide" file you just use $cfg to get access to what you want. e.g. $cfg.getClassMappings()

Quote:
b) In allEntity-list.ftl, what type of object is "class" and where is the API (so that I can get other values from it)?

you mean $clazz ? it is a PersistentClass.

Quote:
c) What variable can I get the package these were generated in from?

i don't understand. the package name is part of the fully qualified classname.

Quote:
d) Any chance I can run this from the UI? Everything else is running from there, and it would be a shame to go to Ant for this one thing.

the ui doesn't support arbitrary custom exporters but it does support overriding existing templates.

we will eventually get "arbitrary custom exporters" in the ui.
Quote:

Define cleanly ?

OK, I'll read up on those options and see how they work. By cleanly, I mean that everything is intact (tables, PKs, FKs, indices) in the new database. I wouldn't expect triggers, stored procs, and the like to move through this (unless you can tell me a way). It will save alot on manual creation and alter scripts for publishes.[/quote]

we don't have a perfect db schema delta tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:28 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

arnon wrote:
Hi, Max.
7) By changing the templates, I was able to put the <meta attribute="generated-class">PersonBase</meta> in the hbm.xml files. But that didn't result in changing the class names. What did I do wrong? Do I have to do a second run using <configuration> rather than <jdbcconfiguration> to get the classes out properly? Would it be easier to change the class names using <hbmtemplate>?

yes, you need to generate from the actual generated templates and thus need a <configuraiton> in additionto the <jdbcconfiguration>

Quote:
8) The validation on my build.xml file is refusing to allow anything but destdir, templatepath, and templateprefix attributes on any of the exporters. I've got the latest hibernate-tools.jar on the defined classpath. What am I doing wrong?

what additional attributes are you looking for ?

btw. templateprefix is ignored in svn and will eventually be removed completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:28 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

arnon wrote:
Hi, Max.

yes, you need to generate from the actual generated templates and thus need a <configuraiton> in additionto the <jdbcconfiguration>

Quote:

btw. templateprefix is ignored in svn and will eventually be removed completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:59 pm 

max wrote:
arnon wrote:

I'm looking for all the attributes written in the documentation. For example, <hbmtemplate filepattern=""> can be used according to the documentation, but Eclipse 3.2 is complaining about it. It's not available. Only the three attributes shown above. Is destdir even a valid attribute on hbmtemplate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:07 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

eclipse 3.2 is complaining ? what does that mean ?

does it fail when you run ant ?

what are you running ? (just show the hibernatetool part not the full story)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:46 pm 

Hi, max. Forget about the eclipse problem. The main thing was that when I put in the tag names and typed ctrl-space it wouldn't come up with those attribute names, but when I put them in manually it worked.

I have made alot of progress with your help. Thank you. I am hitting some interesting behavior that I was hoping you could help me with. If I run the Ant build with no hbm.xml files, I get the error below. The the hbm.xml files ARE there. If I run it a second time (leaving the files generated the first time), it works fine. So it's not picking up the hbm.xml files for use immediately after they are created.

Note that ${src.dir}="src/", so is it not picking that up? Oh, just noticed another thing, #2 says "available via the classpath". It's available in the source path, not the classpath yet. Is that the problem?

Thanks,
Arnon

Error:
Code:
[hibernatetool] org.hibernate.MappingNotFoundException: resource: com/inkubator/model/gen/TaxRate.hbm.xml not found
[hibernatetool] A resource located at com/inkubator/model/gen/TaxRate.hbm.xml was not found.
[hibernatetool] Check the following:
[hibernatetool]
[hibernatetool] 1) Is the spelling/casing correct ?
[hibernatetool] 2)   Is com/inkubator/model/gen/TaxRate.hbm.xml available via the classpath ?
[hibernatetool] 3) Does it actually exist ?

build.xml
Code:
      <!-- Output the hbm.xml and cfg.xml files -->
      <hibernatetool destdir="${src.dir}" templatepath="${template.dir}">
            reversestrategy="com.inkubator.util.reveng.MyReverseEngineeringStrategy"
            packagename="com.inkubator.model.gen" />
         <hbm2hbmxml />
         <hbm2cfgxml />
      </hibernatetool>

<!-- Edit the HBM files for cascade=""? -->

<!-- Output the POJOs separately because they run off the HBMs -->
         <configuration configurationfile="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml"/>

<hbm2java>
            <property key="jdk5" value="true"/>
         </hbm2java>

<hbmtemplate template="extendedModel.ftl"
            filepattern="{package-name}/../ext/{class-name}.java" />

<!-- Output the Spring based DAOs and beans.xml-->
         <hbmtemplate template="daohome.ftl"
            filepattern="{package-name}/../dao/{class-name}DAO.java" />
         <hbmtemplate template="springbeans.ftl"
            filepattern="{package-name}/../dao/beans.xml" />

<!-- Output the documentation -->
         <hbm2doc destdir="${doc.dir}" />

<!-- Output the schema (for use in publishes) -->
         <hbm2ddl destdir="${model.dir}" export="false" outputfilename="sql.ddl" />
      </hibernatetool>

<!-- Move the extended model POJOs to model.dir without overwriting -->
   </target>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:49 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

arnon wrote:
Hi, max. Forget about the eclipse problem. The main thing was that when I put in the tag names and typed ctrl-space it wouldn't come up with those attribute names, but when I put them in manually it worked.

well, eclipse only supports the ant tasks it knows about - not every task in the world ;)

Quote:
Note that ${src.dir}="src/", so is it not picking that up? Oh, just noticed another thing, #2 says "available via the classpath". It's available in the source path, not the classpath yet. Is that the problem?

Yes, it needs to be via the classpath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:02 pm 

max wrote:
well, eclipse only supports the ant tasks it knows about - not every task in the world ;)

I thought it might somehow read the XML schema from the embeded tasks. Don't know Ant that well. Oh well.

Nearly complete with everything. I even got the cascade attributes in the files by using some Ant file editing. Still working out some last issues, specifically casting issues when using the extended model and retrieving an object that is in the generated model.

When I am done with it all, I'll put up my results (I hate when people don't put the actual solutions on the forums) and I can give you any files you think might be helpful.

Thanks,
Arnon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:45 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

cool.

Post subject: THE SOLUTION - Spring DAOs and POJOs from Hibernate Tools
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:11 pm 

Hi, all.

Well, it's been almost 9 months and my time has been swamped. I have finally guilted myself back into posting this solution on the site. Sorry that it has taken so long. But the nice part is that I just fixed a couple of bugs on this earlier today.

I am going to post the following files in the following few replies:

Code:
com.company.util.reveng.build.xml
    - my ant build file
com.company.util.reveng.modelBase.ftl
    - generates the base classes (overwritten every reveng)
com.company.util.reveng.modelExtended.ftl
    - generates classes that are not overwritten that extend the base classes
    - this allows addition and overriding of methods
com.company.util.reveng.springbeans.ftl
    - generates the Spring Beans file which lists all the DAOs
com.company.util.reveng.springdao.ftl
    - generates the Spring/Hibernate DAOs

These generate a code structure of

Code:
com.company.model
    - houses extended classes (not overwritten)
com.company.model.gen
    - houses base classes (overwritten every reveng)
com.company.model.dao
    - houses DAOs and beans.xml file
com.company.model.hbm
    - houses hbm files
hibernate.cfg.xml
    - this ends up at the base of your src/class tree

CONFIGURING THE WEBAPP TO USE THE GENERATED FILES

These assume that you have set up your web.xml to use multiple *beans.xml files, as follows:

Code:
   <context-param>
      <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
      <param-value>classpath:/**/*beans.xml</param-value>
   </context-param>
   <listener>
        <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
   </listener>

I also use OpenSessionInViewFilter so just in case it has an effect on the generated code this should be in web.xml:

Code:
    <filter>
        <filter-name>hibernateFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>hibernateFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Secondly, you need to make sure that your HibernateInterceptor and TransactionManager are set up appropriately. Here I have included only the necessary parts of com.company.beans.xml:

Code:
   <!-- AOP Setup -->
   <bean name="aapc" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.DefaultAdvisorAutoProxyCreator">
      <property name="usePrefix" value="true"/>
       <property name="proxyTargetClass" value="true"/>
   </bean>
    <bean class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.BeanNameAutoProxyCreator">
       <property name="order" value="10"/>
       <property name="beanNames" value="*Manager,*Service"/>
       <property name="proxyTargetClass" value="true"/>
      <property name="interceptorNames">
            <list><idref bean="hibernateInterceptor"/></list>
       </property>
   </bean>

<tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager" proxy-target-class="true"/>

Thirdly, you need to make sure that you set up your data source and session factory. Here I have included only the necessary parts of com.company.data-beans.xml:

Code:
   <!-- Hibernate beans -->
   <bean id="myDataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
      <property name="driverClassName" value="${db.driver}"/>
      <property name="url" value="jdbc:${db.url}"/>
      <property name="username" value="${db.username}"/>
      <property name="password" value="${db.password}"/>
   </bean>
   <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
      <property name="dataSource" ref="myDataSource"/>
      <property name="mappingDirectoryLocations">
      <list>
      <value>classpath:com/company/model/hbm</value>
      <value>classpath:com/company/store</value>
      </list>
      </property>
      <property name="hibernateProperties">
         <value>hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</value>
      </property>
   </bean>
   <bean id="hibernateInterceptor" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateInterceptor">
         <property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory"/>
    </bean>
   <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager">
      <property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory" />
   </bean>

Note that hibernateInterceptor and transactionManager are actually defined in data-beans.xml. That was because I split out all my beans files into different sections and, if I had put them into the first file, it would have had a circular bean definition causing an error on startup. This can also be done by combining beans.xml and data-beans.xml into one file.

Also note that I use MySQLDialect. This must be changed to the appropriate database, and the data source values must be input appropriately.

That's it for setting up your webapp, now you just need to run build.xml in the next message as an Ant build, and it will place all your files in the right directories to be used by this setup.

Post subject: The build.xml
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:14 pm 

com.company.util.reveng.build.xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project basedir="../../../../../" default="reveng.jdbc" name="Reverse Engineer">
    <property environment="env"/>
    <property name="debuglevel" value="source,lines,vars"/>
    <property name="target" value="1.5"/>
    <property name="source" value="1.5"/>

<property name="src.dir" location="src"/>
   <property name="doc.dir" location="doc/hibernate"/>
   <property name="webinf.dir" location="WebContent/WEB-INF"/>

<property name="app.dir" location="${src.dir}/com/company"/>
   <property name="template.dir" location="${app.dir}/util/reveng"/>
   <property name="model.dir" location="${app.dir}/model"/>
   <property name="dao.dir" location="${model.dir}/dao"/>

<path id="library.classpath">
        <pathelement location="${src.dir}"/>
        <pathelement location="build/classes"/>
       <fileset dir="${webinf.dir}/lib">
          <include name="*.jar"/>
      </fileset>
    </path>

<!-- Reverse Engineer from database             -->
   <taskdef name="hibernatetool" classname="org.hibernate.tool.ant.HibernateToolTask"
      classpathref="library.classpath"/>

<!-- Output the hbm.xml files -->
            reversestrategy="com.company.util.reveng.MyReverseEngineeringStrategy"
            packagename="com.company.model" />
         <hbm2hbmxml/>
         <hbm2cfgxml/>
      </hibernatetool>

<!-- Move the hbm.xml files to their own directory and change cfg.xml to adjust -->
      <delete includeemptydirs="true">
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}/hbm" includes="**/*.*"/>
      </delete>
      <move todir="${model.dir}/hbm" overwrite="false">
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}">
           <include name="*.hbm.xml"/>
         </fileset>
      </move>
      <replaceregexp byline="true"
         match="model/" replace="model/hbm/"
         file="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml" />

<!-- Edit the HBM files for cascade attributes -->
         match="(set name=.billItems. inverse=.true.)"
         replace="\1 cascade=&quot;all&quot;">
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}/hbm">
              <include name="Bill.hbm.xml"/>
            <include name="BillLineItem.hbm.xml"/>
         </fileset>
      </replaceregexp>
         match="(many-to-one .* fetch=.select.)"
         replace="\1 cascade=&quot;save-update,persist&quot;">
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}/hbm">
            <include name="BillItem.hbm.xml"/>
         </fileset>
      </replaceregexp>

<!-- Output the POJOs separately because they run off the HBMs -->
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}/gen" includes="**/*.*"/>
      </delete>
         <fileset dir="${dao.dir}" includes="**/*.*"/>
      </delete>
         <fileset dir="${doc.dir}" includes="**/*.*"/>
      </delete>
         <configuration configurationfile="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml">
               <fileset dir="${app.dir}">
                   <include name="**/*.hbm.xml"/>
                  <exclude name="model/hbm/*.hbm.xml"/>
               </fileset>
         </configuration>

<hbmtemplate template="modelBase.ftl"
            filepattern="{package-name}/gen/{class-name}Base.java">
            <property key="jdk5" value="true" />
            <property key="ejb3" value="false" />
         </hbmtemplate>

<hbmtemplate template="modelExtended.ftl"
            filepattern="{package-name}/ext/{class-name}.java">
            <property key="jdk5" value="true" />
            <property key="ejb3" value="false" />
         </hbmtemplate>

<!-- Output the Spring based DAOs and beans.xml-->
         <hbmtemplate template="springdao.ftl"
            filepattern="{package-name}/dao/{class-name}DAO.java" />
         <hbmtemplate template="springbeans.ftl"
            destdir="${dao.dir}" filepattern="beans.xml" />

<!-- Output the documentation -->
         <hbm2doc destdir="${doc.dir}" />
      </hibernatetool>

<!-- Move the extended model POJOs to model.dir if they don't exist -->
      <touch>   <!-- Updates the modified date so that move doesn't overwrite existing files -->
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}"/>
      </touch>
      <move todir="${model.dir}" overwrite="false">
         <fileset dir="${model.dir}/ext"/>
      </move>
      <delete dir="${model.dir}/ext" />
   </target>

<target name="generate.db.fresh" description="Use the HBMs to generate a fresh database schema">
         <configuration configurationfile="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
         <hbm2ddl export="true" drop="true" />
      </hibernatetool>
   </target>

<target name="generate.db.delta" description="Use the HBMs to update a database schema">
         <configuration configurationfile="${src.dir}/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
         <hbm2ddl export="true" update="true" />
      </hibernatetool>
   </target>
</project>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next