-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Session.save(Object, Serializable)... removed?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:13 am 

I was using Hibernate 3.1beta3, and I just upgraded to 3.1, and much to my surprise, the Session interface is missing a save signature - Session.save(Object, Serializable) to be precise.

I checked the changelogs and didn't see any mention of it being removed (or deprecated).

I'm sure I missed something, but I was just checking. Thanks!

~Andy

Post subject: Bring back save(Object, Serializable)!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:05 pm 

I noticed this as well. We'd like to see this come back if anybody out there is listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:10 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It has been moved to org.hibernate.classic.Session where all deprecated Session methodsgo to live out the reest of their short futile lives.

Note that these methods are only used/needed in the situations where an entity does not contain its own identifier as a property. That (mis)feature will be removed (currently deprecated) which *is* noted in the change log.

Additionally note that SessionFactory always returns an org.hibernate.classic.Session, which extends org.hibernate.Session, adding the deprecated functionality. So the methods are there in whaat you get back from a SessionFactory.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]