-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tran rolled back but Hibernate thinks objects were persisted
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:27 pm 

I attempt to persist 3 new objects (i.e. transient ones that do not yet exist in the database) to the database in a single transaction.

The first 2 inserts are OK, but the third insert throws an exception (I put a CallbackException into the Interceptor to do this). When the transaction rolls back none of the records exist in the database, which is good.

I dump the session and create a new one, and then attempt to save the same 3 objects again, but this time without throwing the CallbackException. However, it seems that that even though the transaction was rolled back, Hibernate thinks that the first two objects were saved successfully (it does not try to insert them into the database, even though they don't exist there). This is probably because during the first attempt Hibernate gave the objects non-null identifiers?

What should I do - should I manually set the identifiers to null when the transaction rolls back?? This seems a bit clunky...

Can anyone help me??

Thanks,

Doug.

Hibernate version: 2.1.8

Name and version of the database you are using: MySQL 4.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:33 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Its up to you (the developer) to 'rollback' to an acceptable domain object state if you are trying to recover that state after an Tx Exception. Most situations you throw the session and related state away. Ready to start again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

There are some other options worth considering, though.

Related thread here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]