-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Id from composite foreign key
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:56 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version:

Mapping documents:

ActResEmploy:
Code:
  <class table="ACT_RES_EMPLOY" name="ActResEmploy" discriminator-value="NOS">
    <meta attribute="class-description" inherit="false">@hibernate.class table="ACT_RES_EMPLOY"</meta>

<!-- Not sure whether that will work (in combination with one-to-one relation at the bottom) -->
    <id>
       <column name="ACT_RES_IX" sql-type="long"/>
       <column name="ACT_ID" sql-type="long"/>
      <generator class="foreign">
        <param name="property">actRes</param>
      </generator>
    </id>

<!-- Associations -->
    <one-to-one name="actRes" class="ActRes" outer-join="auto" constrained="true" property-ref="ActResCompositeKey">
      <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.one-to-one class="ActRes" outer-join="auto" constrained="true"</meta>
    </one-to-one>
  </class>

ActRes:
Code:
  <class table="ACT_RES" name="ActRes" >
    <meta attribute="class-description" inherit="false">@hibernate.class table="ACT_RES"</meta>
    <id name="actResIx" type="long" column="ACT_RES_IX" length="15">
      <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.id generator-class="GH4IdGenerator" type="long" column="ACT_RES_IX" length="15"</meta>
      <generator class="GH4IdGenerator">
        <param name="sequence">act_res_index_seq</param>
        <param name="GH4IdType">Prefix</param>
      </generator>
    </id>

<properties name="ActResCompositeKey" unique="true" insert="false" update="false">
       <property name="actResIx" type="java.lang.Long" column="ACT_RES_IX" length="15" insert="false" update="false">
         <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.property column="ACT_RES_IX" length="15"</meta>
       </property>
       <property name="actId" type="java.lang.Long" column="ACT_ID" length="15" insert="false" update="false">
         <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.property column="ACT_ID" length="15"</meta>
       </property>
      </properties>

<!-- Associations -->
<!-- derived association(s) for compound key -->
<!-- bi-directional many-to-one association to Act -->
    <many-to-one name="act" class="Act" update="true" insert="true">
      <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.many-to-one update="true" insert="true"</meta>
      <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.column name="ACT_ID"</meta>
      <column name="ACT_ID" />
    </many-to-one>
<!-- end of derived association(s) -->
<!-- bi-directional one-to-one association to ActResEmploy -->
    <one-to-one name="actResEmploy" class="ActResEmploy" outer-join="auto" property-ref="ActResCompositeKey">
      <meta attribute="field-description">@hibernate.one-to-one outer-join="auto"</meta>
    </one-to-one>
  </class>

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
Code:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at util.HibernateConnectionSingleton.<clinit>(HibernateConnectionSingleton.java:31)
   at test.Example.init(Example.java:36)
   at test.Example.<init>(Example.java:32)
   at test.Example.main(Example.java:193)
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Error reading resource: ActResEmploy.hbm.xml
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:447)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1381)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1353)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1335)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1302)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1230)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1216)
   at c2iedm.hibernate.util.HibernateConnectionSingleton.<clinit>(HibernateConnectionSingleton.java:28)
   ... 3 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: must specify an identifier type: ActResEmploy
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindSimpleId(HbmBinder.java:352)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues(HbmBinder.java:291)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootClass(HbmBinder.java:233)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRoot(HbmBinder.java:149)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.add(Configuration.java:358)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addInputStream(Configuration.java:395)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:444)
   ... 10 more
Exception in thread "main"

Name and version of the database you are using:
Oracle 9i

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
didn't get so far...

What am I supposed to do? Is it possible at all to use a composite property as foreign identifier? I haven't found anything explicit about that, but also no examples...
I hope somebody can help me with that - I'm pretty much stuck!

Post subject: Same Problem.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:40 am 

I am pretty much in the same boat. Have you gotten anywhere on this yet. In the meantime, I am essentially constructing a key and doing a Session.get() to retrieve the 1-1 related entiity. It is annoying. I am doing this in 2.1 but my error is the same as yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:25 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Well, I have changed the mapping of ActRes. I now declare a composite-id that looks like the <properties> element before. ActResEmploy uses the same key (same class). That way I can't use the id-generator for my property actResIx. I had to edit the Java source of the key class, so that on instantiation of a key object the id is generated from the database sequence by an SQL query ("select " + sequenceName + ".NEXTVAL from dual"). Not perfect but it works (has no performance loss: hibernate does the same query - that's how I got the idea).
Maybe it helps ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:30 am 
Beginner
Beginner

forget to mention:
my first idea was to specify a <sql-insert> that uses database sequences - but then I came across this problem:
http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=942144

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]