-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Any changes to hql in rc1?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:36 am 
Regular
Regular

I have a very, very simple named query:

from Unit u order by u.sortOrder asc where unitType_id=2

that worked flawless in hibernateb2 - I recently upgraded to rc1, now the query ignorse the where and retrieves all units no matter what unitType- have there been changes betweenn b2 and rc1 that could explain this behavior?

cheers
stf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:56 am 
Regular
Regular

and whats even worse: Unit is the parent in a inheritance-hierarchy that's been modeled using @Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.JOINED)

in the b2

from Unit u order by u.sortOrder asc where unitType_id=2

always returned the correct child-instances - rc1 always returns a Unit, ignoring the inheritance.

Are there any new switches/flags that were introduced with rc1??

cheers
stf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:12 am 
Regular
Regular

ooops, sorry, looks like I barked at the wrong tree: the database was corrupted and all inherited tables were empty... this, at least solves the casting-problems.

*But* the query still ignores the "where unitType_id=2" (the where-clause is also missing from the generated sql)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:21 am 
Regular
Regular

and the fun does not stop here:

from Quiz q order by q.sortOrder asc where parentunit_id=:chapterId and unittype_id=3

now complains that:

Caused by: org.hibernate.QueryException: Named parameter does not appear in Query: chapterId [
from de.vierundsechzig.springer.model.modules.quiz.Quiz q order by q.sortOrder asc where parentunit_id=:chapterId and unittype_id=3
]

are the where-clauses cut off by some strange beahvior of the new parser? Are explicit wheres (unittype_id=3) not allowed any more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:13 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi!

Have you tried to reverse the "order by" and "where" part? At least in SQL, the "order by" has to be after the "where".

Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:47 pm 
Regular
Regular

ouch. yes. Of course. Now that you say it...

It's no wonder, that it doesn't work in rc1, it was just a wonder that it worked in b2:)

reversing the order works, the where gets parsed again, and i guess the grammar has been corrected to stop the parsing after the order-statements...

thx&excuse my blindness
stf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:09 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Please provide your case as an enhancement in JIRA. We should raise an appropriate exception here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:42 pm 
Regular
Regular

ok, I did. Many thx for the help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]