-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: replicate() with joined-subclass
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:46 pm 
Pro
Pro

I'm trying to call Session.replicate() with persistent objects mapped with joined-subclass and I'm getting a JDBCException.

Code:
net.sf.hibernate.JDBCException: could not retrieve version: [com.foo.bar.data.synch.Synch#com.foo.bar.data.sites.CompositeSiteID@1d97d0d[sequenceId=965,site=com.bpsphone.mpression.data.sites.Site@39d811[id=3]]]
        at net.sf.hibernate.persister.AbstractEntityPersister.getCurrentVersion(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1141)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.replicate(SessionImpl.java:3698)
        at....

Here's the offending SQL:

Code:
select version from synch.synch where sequence_id =? and site =?

Here's the mapping:

Code:
<hibernate-mapping default-cascade="all">

<class name="com.foo.bar.data.base.SiteDataObject" schema="base" table="site_data_objects">

<composite-id name="id" class="com.foo.bar.data.sites.CompositeSiteID" unsaved-value="any">
            <key-property name="sequenceId" type="java.lang.Long" column="sequence_id"/>
            <key-many-to-one name="site" class="com.foo.bar.data.sites.Site" column="site"/>
        </composite-id>

<version name="version" type="timestamp" unsaved-value="null"/>

<joined-subclass name="com.foo.bar.data.synch.Synch" schema="synch" table="synch">

<key><column name="sequence_id"/><column name="site"/></key>

</joined-subclass> <!-- Synch -->

</class> <!-- SiteDataObject -->

</hibernate-mapping>

The problem is that the column "version" does not exist in the synch table, it exists in the table of Synch's parent object, SiteDataObject. Hibernate isn't joining in the version column from the base.site_data_objects table like it normally would.

In the case of joined-subclasses, can the "version" attribute be in the superclass, or must it be defined in the subclasses? If so, what about multiple level object heirarchies? Also, I've had problems with every persistent object mapped with joined-subclass, not just Synch.

I'm replicating another object that's mapped with a regular <class> mapping. No problems there. I have no classes mapped with <subclass> though, so I haven't tested that.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:50 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Ooops. A bug. (And very easy to fix.)

Please submit to JIRA.

TIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:04 pm 
Pro
Pro

Cool.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:56 pm 
Pro
Pro

JIRA: http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=HB-609

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:59 am 
Pro
Pro

Hi...

Don't mean to be insistent, but if it's an easy fix...can you provide a patch? :) I'm under a bit of a time crunch here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:07 pm 
Pro
Pro

I just got around to testing this, and there's a bit of a glitch.

I begin a transaction, call replicate() on an array of objects one at a time, then commit the transaction.

The replicate() calls are executing, (although it turns out that no objects are being persisted to the DB) and afterwards when I flush the session before closing I'm getting a NullPointerException:

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.sf.hibernate.collection.List.entries(List.java:322)
        at net.sf.hibernate.collection.AbstractCollectionPersister.recreate(AbstractCollectionPersister.java:526)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.ScheduledCollectionRecreate.execute(ScheduledCollectionRecreate.java:23)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.executeAll(SessionImpl.java:2327)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.execute(SessionImpl.java:2284)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2181)

Oddly enough, I flush the session right before committing the transaction and everything's fine.

I have no idea which object is causing the exception. I'm running the latest CVS snapshot. (2004/01/13) Any clues?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:01 pm 
Pro
Pro

Two more things:

I removed all explicit calls to flush, and it's still happening when the transaction calls flush() on commit.

Code:
        at net.sf.hibernate.collection.List.entries(List.java:322)
        at net.sf.hibernate.collection.AbstractCollectionPersister.recreate(AbstractCollectionPersister.java:526)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.ScheduledCollectionRecreate.execute(ScheduledCollectionRecreate.java:23)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.executeAll(SessionImpl.java:2327)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.execute(SessionImpl.java:2284)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2181)
        at net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JTATransaction.commit(JTATransaction.java:52)

Also, this is again only happening when I'm replicating the POs mapped with joined-subclass. That may be a coincidence, though. The concrete objects contain no lists. (or collections of any type)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:45 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Please submit a test case to Jira.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:23 pm 
Pro
Pro

OK, I had some possible ambiguities with transactions (which I'll ask about in another post or thread) but I've cleared them up and the problem still persists.

You should be able to replicate this problem by modifying the code I previously submitted to JIRA (HB-609) to add a list to the SiteDataSubclass. (I haven't tested this yet.) I'm starting on the new JIRA submission now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:55 pm 
Pro
Pro

I'm getting a second, similar exception now with another mapped object that contains a list. The only difference between the two list mappings seems to be that the first one has a normal key and this new one has a composite key.

Here's the exception:
Code:
        at net.sf.hibernate.collection.List.snapshot(List.java:32)
        at net.sf.hibernate.collection.PersistentCollection.getSnapshot(PersistentCollection.java:322)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl$CollectionEntry.postFlush(SessionImpl.java:371)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.postFlush(SessionImpl.java:2745)
        at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2182)
        at net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JTATransaction.commit(JTATransaction.java:52)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:18 pm 
Pro
Pro

Here's a preview of the JIRA issue. I'm getting yet another list related exception, this time from the JDBC driver. I can make it stop, though, and I have a mapping question as a result.

Here's the mapping:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC
   "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD//EN"
   "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-2.0.dtd">

<hibernate-mapping default-cascade="save-update">

<class name="com.foo.bar.data.base.DataObject" schema="base" table="data_objects">

<id name="id" type="long">
            <generator class="native"/>
        </id>

<version name="version" type="timestamp" unsaved-value="null"/>

<joined-subclass name="com.foo.bar.data.base.DataSubclass" schema="base" table="data_subclasses">

<key><column name="id"/></key>

<property name="name" type="string" not-null="true" unique="true">
                <meta attribute="use-in-tostring">true</meta>
            </property>

<list name="items" lazy="false" inverse="false">
                <key column="parent"/>
                <index column="collection_order"/>
                <one-to-many class="com.foo.bar.data.base.CollectionData"/>
            </list>

</joined-subclass> <!-- DataSubclass -->

<joined-subclass name="com.foo.bar.data.base.CollectionData" schema="base" table="collection_data">

<key><column name="id"/></key>

<property name="collectionOrder" type="integer" column="collection_order" not-null="true" unique="false">
            </property>

<many-to-one name="parent" class="com.foo.bar.data.base.DataSubclass">
            </many-to-one>

<property name="data" type="string" not-null="false" unique="false">
            </property>

</joined-subclass> <!-- ListData -->

</class> <!-- DataObject -->

</hibernate-mapping>

When I try to replicate DataSubclass objects with a list of CollectionData objects I get the following exception:
Code:
[java] 17:14:43,882 DEBUG BatcherImpl:203 - done closing: 0 open PreparedStatements, 0 open ResultSets
     [java] 17:14:43,883 DEBUG BatcherImpl:261 - closing statement
     [java] 17:14:43,897 DEBUG JDBCExceptionReporter:36 - SQL Exception
     [java] org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: null value in column "collection_order" violates not-null constraint

[java]     at org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.parseServerError(PSQLException.java:139)
     [java]     at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV3(QueryExecutor.java:154)
     [java]     at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:101)
     [java]     at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:43)
     [java]     at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:515)
     [java]     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:50)
     [java]     at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:271)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.impl.NonBatchingBatcher.addToBatch(NonBatchingBatcher.java:22)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.collection.AbstractCollectionPersister.remove(AbstractCollectionPersister.java:500)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.impl.ScheduledCollectionRemove.execute(ScheduledCollectionRemove.java:22)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.executeAll(SessionImpl.java:2327)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.execute(SessionImpl.java:2282)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2181)
     [java]     at net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:61)
     [java]     at com.foo.bar.test.Test.main(Test.java:47)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.run(ExecuteJava.java:208)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:150)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:443)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:163)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:108)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:341)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:309)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1255)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:609)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)

My question is about the collectionOrder property in CollectionData. If I either set not-null="false" or eliminate the property entirely the exception goes away. (The replicated object has the proper data, as well.) I can create objects with the non-null property in the source database just fine. The problem happens when I replicate to the destination db.

Is it non-standard or odd to explicitly define the index property in list objects? Is it bad-evil-bad? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:32 pm 
Pro
Pro

Sorry, I forgot to add that setting not-null="false" in the list index properties did not get rid of the NullPointerException problems. :( So far I've only encountered that JDBC Exception while preparing the JIRA submission.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]