-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: seeing 100's of DefaultTraversableResolver logged messages
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:07 pm 

We are running with the Bean Validation RI in an application server and doing some testing with jpa and have noticed that we see 100's of the following messages:
[5/10/10 10:41:05:715 EDT] 00000043 DefaultTraver I org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.DefaultTraversableResolver detectJPA Instantiated an instance of org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.JPATraversableResolver.
[5/10/10 10:41:05:786 EDT] 00000043 DefaultTraver I org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.DefaultTraversableResolver detectJPA Instantiated an instance of org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.JPATraversableResolver.
[5/10/10 10:41:05:837 EDT] 0000005a DefaultTraver I org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.DefaultTraversableResolver detectJPA Instantiated an instance of org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.JPATraversableResolver.
Is there a way to shut off the logging of this message?

Post subject: Re: seeing 100's of DefaultTraversableResolver logged messages
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Sure, set the logging level for org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.DefaultTraversableResolver to warn.
If you are using a lo4j.properties file it looks like this:
Code:
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.validator.engine.resolver.DefaultTraversableResolver=warn

--Hardy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:58 am 

Maybe this message could be logged as DEBUG? It's the only message being logged constantly in our application.

-Anders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 am 

It doesn't seem possible to configure the log level for this in our application's log4j config, on Glassfish 3.1. Probably because it gets bundled with Glassfish.

If anyone has managed to do this, please let me know.. I haven't tried to modify the logging.properties in Glassfish, will try that next.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You have to use the logging framework which is used in your application. Hibernate Validator uses slf4j which is not bound to say logj4. You can chose your actual logging implementation. If you want to configure a particular log category you have to do so via the logging implementation you are using. Seems Glassfish is using Java logging. I think you are on the right track if you try configuration via logging.properties.

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]