-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: DDL generator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:33 am 

Hi,
I use JSR220ORM plug-in for eclipse to create ddl file but there are lots of bugs in ddl file, is there another tool for generating DDL?Any tips would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:48 am 
Expert
Expert

If you like ant, take a look at hbm2ddl at http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/tools/ant/index.html

If you would rather generate the DDL with manual java, try something like this:

Code:
   conf = new Configuration().configure(onlyDifference);
   sessionFactory = conf.buildSessionFactory();
       SchemaExport schemaExport = new SchemaExport(conf);
       schemaExport.create(true, true);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:52 pm 

Thank you for your help. But i can not launch the ant tool (hibernate-tool) successfully. It seems that this tool depends on specified version of hibernate-annotation.jar, persistence.jar and hibernate.jar. And the linked page does not give any hint about which version should i use. :( After lots of NotFoundClass, NotFoundMethode i give up this approach.

Now i try to use manual codes to generate DDL, but i have also no idea how to begin :( Should i use AnnotationConfiguration or something like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

your dependency issues should go away as long as you are using the hibernate.jar that is packaged w/ whatever distribution you got the tools from (hibernate-tools.jar ) .

if you are set on the SchemeExport way, you'll need AnnotationConfiguration if the mappings are in annotations, although you can use AnnotationConfiguration w/ an annotationless mapping model.

take a look at this for SchemaExport info

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/ap ... xport.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:00 pm 

Yes, after using all the jar from hibernate-tools/lib, my dependency problem is resolved. :) But now i encounter a new one. The generated DDL file is empty.http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=950014.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:17 am 

Thank you dennis, i have created the ddl using simple manual codes by schemaExport. It is very simple.

Code:
AnnotationConfiguration cfg = (AnnotationConfiguration)
      new AnnotationConfiguration().configure(new File("hibernate.cfg.xml"));
      SchemaExport schemaExport = new SchemaExport(cfg);
      schemaExport.setOutputFile("test.ddl").create(true,false);;

I am a newbie of hibernate, your information helped me a lot.:))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]