-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Search for a field containing 2 or 3 words in a text
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 am 

Hi friends
i am newbie to hibernate search (lucene)
i have a issue while searching using lucene
I have indexed a field (UNTOKENIZED)
luke tool shows the follwing in the field

>> United States
>> chicago

sometimes the field may contain more than 1 word , so while searching that field iam unable to get results for the text containing "blah blah United States blah blah "
even Iam not getting results for "blah blah States blah blah "
But iam able to get results for "blah blah chicago blah "
So in order to solve this problem what kind of analyzers i need to use

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Search for a field containing 2 or 3 words in a text
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:12 am 

It's very important to match the indexing analyzers and the search analyzers in order to get the desired search results. Since you indexed the field with UNTOKENIZED, I believe that you should use the KeywordAnalyzer in order to search this field.

Post subject: Re: Search for a field containing 2 or 3 words in a text
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

The reason for your result is that per default search terms are combined by 'OR'. In your first example you are searching for "United" or "States". These tokens are not in your index since you indexed "United Stated" UNTOKENIZED, meaning as is. No analyzers are applied at indexing time. I guess searching for "United States" (in quotes) would work. The chicago works since it is a single word.

That said, are you sure that you want to index UNTOKENIZED? What's your actual usecase?

--Hardy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]