-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Missing Hibernate Entity Model view
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:05 pm 

Eclipse 3.3 with WST installed and running under JDK1.5 on WinXP. (tried restarting with -clean, also).

Installed the tools plugin (HibernateTools-3.2.0.beta10.zip) and everything *except* the Entity Model view seems present and working. That is, under Window->Show View->Other->Hibernate, there are views for Configurations, Dyn SQL Preview, Query Result, and Query Parameters, but nothing else -- Hibernate Entity Model should be there, right?

No errors showing in the error log. The following plugins are shown as being installed and correctly configured:

file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse.console_3.2.0.beta10/
file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse.help_3.2.0.beta10/
file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.apt.ui_3.2.0.beta10.jar
file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui_3.2.0.beta10.jar
file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse.mapper_3.2.0.beta10/
file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse_3.2.0.beta10/
file:/D:/DevFiles/Eclipse33/eclipse/plugins/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.freemarker_1.0.0.beta3/

Would really like to see the entity model. What am I missing?

Post subject: Same problem here
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:31 am 

It seems that you are not the only one having that problem:
Everything works well, except the entity model: It is not in the view list (whereas the other Hibernate Tools are available).
To "prove" it, I've made a screenshot ;-) http://www.winterrodeln.org/philipp/hibernate-tools.png

By the way, there seems to be at least a third one with this problem:
http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=962183. In this post, max asked the questions:
Quote:
1) so they are not even in the list of possible views ?
2) which hibernate lib do you put in the console configuration ? (there shouldn't be one ;)
3) check the Error Log view to see if something bad has happend

mjb, who posted this message, didn't respond, so I will try to do:
(1): Yes
(2): Let's have a look: Ok, there was the hibernate.jar in there. I've removed it, restarted eclipse with -clean but nothing changed. Still no entity model view.
(3): Well, there are errors but I don't think they are hibernate-tools related:
- Error: Model feature org.jboss.tools.struts.model.handlers.page.RunOnServerHandler is not registered with extension point org.jboss.tools.common.model.classes [...]
- Info: ClassLoaderUtil:activate: Cannot find required plugin org.jboss.tools.struts.ui

Before I updated to Eclipse version 3.3, I had 3.2. There, the Hibernate tools were working just fine (but I installed it in an other way: I downloaded the Hibernate tools only and configured eclipse to use it whereas the 3.3 was installed with the online install feature (JBoss IDE)).

My configuration:
Hibernate Tools: 3.2.0 Beta 10 (I have installed them by installing the JBoss IDE with the online update).
eclipse.buildId=I20070625-1500
java.version=1.5.0_11
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=de_AT
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -clean

If necessary, I can post the long configuration details.

By the way: Great thanks to everyone who contributed to Hibernate and its tools - its really superb!!!

Greetings, Philipp

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:41 am 
Regular
Regular

i have exactly the same problem :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module= ... c&t=118345

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]