-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: SchemaExport, w/legacy tables
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:33 pm 

Hibernate version: 2.x

Application has an already existing table like this (Oracle 9i fwiw):

create table legacy
(
primary_key number(38) not null,
some_field varchar(20)
)

Created class LegacyPOJO for table legacy along with suitable .hbm.xml mapping file.

Created class NewEntityPOJO plus mapping file for new entity that is related to LegacyPOJO. Relationship is 1 to many, LegacyPOJO to NewEntityPOJO. That is to say a NewEntityPOJO is related to one LegacyPOJO. A LegacyPOJO is related to many NewEntityPOJO's.

Now I would like to use SchemaExport to generate the DDL for creating the table to persist NewEntityPOJO objects. I am doing this via Ant. I initally had it generate DLL for **/*.hbm.xml but of course I got create table statements for a table for LegacyPOJO. Don't want that, it already exists, I just want the create table statement for the NewEntity table. So I change the Ant task to just work on **/NewEntityPOJO.hbm.xml but it isn't happy because it's aware of the relationship to LegacyPOJO.

Specifically I get:

Schema text failed: An association from the table NewEntity refers to an unmapped class: com.whatever.model.LegacyPOJO

NewEntityPOJO.hbm.xml has a <many-to-one ...> element relating it to LegacyPOJO thus:

<many-to-one name="legacyPOJO" column="legacy_pojo_recid" class="LegacyPOJO" not-null="true" />

Any way around this? Or am I going to have to hand-craft DDL for my new POJOs/TABLES because of this half-and-half situation I'm in?

Thanks for any thoughts on this...

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:00 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

generate sql for the whole thing and delete nonwanted create or contribute code that handles it (e.g. by a blacklist of tables or something=)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]