-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Saving 9 decimal places in the DB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm 

Hi,

I am trying to get NHibernate to save a System.Decimal into the database with 9 decimal places. However it is only saving 5 DPs.
The SQL type on the DB is numeric(18,9) so when I view the table I see 9 DPs but the last 4 are always 0.

I've tried setting the sql-type to
numeric
decimal
numeric(18,9)
decimal(18,9)

as well as setting the length property to various numbers.

Is this a known issue or is there something I've miseed? I'm using NHibernate 1.0.3.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:45 pm 
Regular
Regular

You don't say what DB you're using, but a lot of the Dialects register Decimal types as:
RegisterColumnType(DbType.Decimal, "DECIMAL(19,5)");

I don't know enough to know whether that overrides what you're specifying in the sql-type, but a dig around in the source might help if you're that way inclined.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:23 am 

Thanks for the reply.

I have found a workaround by having a public decimal property linked to a protected string property which is data-mapped.
The mapping file (hbm) is setup to map from a .Net string to a SQL Server varchar but in fact the DB column remains a decimal(18.9).

Cheers,
Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 am 

philr wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I have found a workaround by having a public decimal property linked to a protected string property which is data-mapped.
The mapping file (hbm) is setup to map from a .Net string to a SQL Server varchar but in fact the DB column remains a decimal(18.9).

Cheers,
Phil

Hi all,

When I read this post, I verified my application and the samething happens, this will create many troubles for me, if somebody knows the solution post a reply, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]