-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to disable the HbmBinder when using JPA?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 am 

Hi,

I am developing a project in which i am using JPA entities along with some entities mapped in xml files.

While testing, i don't want Hibernate to load the entities mapped in the xml files. What it does it that it automatically searches for .hbm.xml files in the classpath and loads the entities mapped in the same. And this creating lot's of problems for me.

So is there a way by which i can disable automatic classpath scanning in Hibernate 3.6 when using JPA?

Post subject: Re: How to disable the HbmBinder when using JPA?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:00 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Quote:
it automatically searches for .hbm.xml files in the classpath

AFAIK, this does not happen automatically. The mapping files are typically mentioned explicitly in some location (in the hibernate.cfg.xml or in your Spring configuration).

How are you configuring your session factory?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 pm 

No, it's not like that. It's picking up automatically. When using JPA, there is no need of hibernate.cfg.xml. The temporary solution is i've to use auto-import=false in all my hbm files so that it doesn't gives me duplicate entity error, since i've classes by the same name in many packages. But from the logs i see, it's still picking up all hbm files from the classpath and loading the configuration from them. So i just need this HbmBinder who still get's loaded when instatiating an EntityManagerFactory to be somehow disabled.

I am not using Spring right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:57 pm 

Just add <exclude-unlisted-classes/> to your persistence.xml file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]