-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: ClassCastException for datasource in WAS5 using JSQL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:49 pm 

I currently have a J2EE application running on Websphere Application Server 5.0. Up until now it has just used a jdbcUrl with the driver set in the properties files to connect to the database. Now we're setting up a datasource in WAS for the persistance layer to use.

I have the JDBC provider and datasource setup in WAS and the connection is verified as successful when I test in the WAS admin console and the datasource is found successfully via JNDI.

However, when I start up the application, I get a ClassCastException for the datasource (full stack trace is below). I have the helper class for the datasource set to:
com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.ConnectJDBCDataStoreHelper

(WAS won't let you leave it blank.)

I'm also using JSQL to connect to MS SQLServer 2000 and have the com.jnetdirect.jsql.JSQLConnectionPoolDataSource set as the JDBC implementation class.

Does anyone have any idea what I might have configured incorrectly??? I've been trying different options out now for 2 days.

Name and version of the database you are using:
MS SQLServer 2000

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
13:29:00,703 INFO NamingHelper:26 - JNDI InitialContext properties:{}
13:29:01,922 FATAL DatasourceConnectionProvider:47 - Could not find datasource: jdbc/DCNDS
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcDataSource
at net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:44)
at net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:83)
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:76)
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:1172)
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:803)
at dcs.service.ServiceLocator.createHibernateSessionFactory(ServiceLocator.java:283)
at at dcs.service.ServiceLocator.<clinit>(ServiceLocator.java:59).null(Unknown Source)
at dcs.service.InitializerServlet.resetAllUserStatuses(InitializerServlet.java:51)
at dcs.service.InitializerServlet.<init>(InitializerServlet.java:37)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.Class.newInstance3(Class.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java(Compiled Code))
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:218)
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:62)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadServlet(WebAppServletManager.java:188)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadAutoLoadServlets(WebAppServletManager.java:542)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.loadServletManager(WebApp.java:1277)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.init(WebApp.java:283)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebGroup.loadWebApp(WebGroup.java:387)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebGroup.init(WebGroup.java:209)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java:987)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.java:136)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.start(WebContainerImpl.java:356)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:418)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:787)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl.java:354)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:575)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:271)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:249)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startComponents(ContainerImpl.java:536)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.start(ContainerImpl.java:413)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationServerImpl.start(ApplicationServerImpl.java:125)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startComponents(ContainerImpl.java:536)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:183)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:128)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:225)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:41)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:386)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:94)
13:29:01,922 FATAL ServiceLocator:61).null(Unknown Source - The Hibernate session factory could not be created.
dcs.service.ServiceNotFoundException: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not find datasource
at dcs.service.ServiceLocator.createHibernateSessionFactory(ServiceLocator.java:288)
at at dcs.service.ServiceLocator.<clinit>(ServiceLocator.java:59).null(Unknown Source)
at dcs.service.InitializerServlet.resetAllUserStatuses(InitializerServlet.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:218)
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:62)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadServlet(WebAppServletManager.java:188)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadAutoLoadServlets(WebAppServletManager.java:542)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.loadServletManager(WebApp.java:1277)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebGroup.loadWebApp(WebGroup.java:387)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebGroup.init(WebGroup.java:209)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java:987)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.java:136)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.WebContainerImpl.start(WebContainerImpl.java:356)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:418)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:787)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl.java:354)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:575)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:271)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:249)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationServerImpl.start(ApplicationServerImpl.java:125)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:183)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:128)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:225)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:41)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:386)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:94)
Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not find datasource
at net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:48)
at net.sf.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:83)
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:803)
at dcs.service.ServiceLocator.createHibernateSessionFactory(ServiceLocator.java:283)
... 39 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcDataSource
at net.sf.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:44)
... 44 more

Post subject: Did you ever find an answer? I am seeing the same issue
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:33 pm 

dgundersen did you ever find out what was the issue? I am seeing the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:37 pm 

Well, not exactly. I contacted IBM Support and they told me to run two fix packs to upgrade my 5.1 copy of WAS to 5.1.1.4. I did that and it did solve the problem I described above. However, it's still not working and I'm seeing a different error now:

Exception data follows:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.ibm.ejs.j2c.DefaultSecurityHelper.<init>(javax.resource.spi.ManagedConnectionFactory, com.ibm.ejs.j2c.MCFExtendedProperties)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor1(Class.java:2070)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1124)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory.createSecurityHelper(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:1407)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.J2CXAResourceFactory.createMCFEntry(J2CXAResourceFactory.java:811)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.ConnectionFactoryBuilderImpl.createMCFandPM(ConnectionFactoryBuilderImpl.java:1420)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.ConnectionFactoryBuilderImpl.getObjectInstance(ConnectionFactoryBuilderImpl.java:1208)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:314)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.processSerializedObjectForLookupExt(Helpers.java:873)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.processSerializedObjectForLookup(Helpers.java:680)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.processResolveResults(CNContextImpl.java:1714)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1569)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1482)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookupExt(CNContextImpl.java:1189)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookup(CNContextImpl.java:1069)
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:144)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)
at dcs.service.ServiceLocator.<clinit>(ServiceLocator.java:59)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:219)
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:63)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.loadServletManager(WebApp.java:1305)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebGroup.loadWebApp(WebGroup.java:408)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebGroup.init(WebGroup.java:212)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java:1025)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:507)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:808)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:578)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:301)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:578)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.MMBInvoker.invoke(MMBInvoker.java:46)
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.MMBInvoker.invokeOperation(MMBInvoker.java:115)
at com.tivoli.jmx.modelmbean.DynamicModelMBeanSupport.invoke(DynamicModelMBeanSupport.java:409)
at javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean.invoke(RequiredModelMBean.java:323)
at com.tivoli.jmx.GenericMBeanSupport.invoke(GenericMBeanSupport.java:178)
at com.tivoli.jmx.MBeanAccess.invoke(MBeanAccess.java:113)
at com.tivoli.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:290)
at com.ibm.ws.management.AdminServiceImpl.invoke(AdminServiceImpl.java:659)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.AdminServiceDelegator.invoke(AdminServiceDelegator.java:130)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.invoke(SOAPConnector.java:320)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector.service(SOAPConnector.java:192)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnection.handleRequest(SOAPConnection.java:55)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:652)
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:448)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:912)

------------------------------------------------

So you might try applying the fix packs for WAS. If you do, and are able to get it running successfully, let me know what else you did. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:48 am 

did you have a PMR with ibm? I am working with them to figure out the problem and maybe more data would help them triangulate the problem. If you have it and can give it that would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:52 am 

pmr 04686,49R

Post subject: JNDI Problem
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:53 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,
I also had the error message "datasource not found".

See

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=944301

for a solution to that.

regards
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:46 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,
I now found out a reason for the

Code:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.ibm.ejs.j2c.DefaultSecurityHelper.<init>

error message.

In my case, it could be eliminated by removing the file
Quote:
mqseries-connector-5.2.0.jar

from my classpath.

However, I cannot tell you what to do in case you need this jar file...

regards
Stefan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]